Serviced Apts In Makati

jxxxl

Can anyone recommend a nice serviced apartment in Makati City? I've been staying in the Mandarin Oriental which is really dissappointing, nothing like the O's in HK or BKK. I'm trying to find a serviced apartment for the same rate as I prefer staying in these kind of digs anyway.

The Oakwood Premier is an obvious choice but maybe higher priced than The Mandarin. There are a few Ascott/Somerset apartments in the immediate area that could be in the same range - it's hard to get a guage on realistic pricing in the PI, I suppose that's partly why you're asking. I haven't stayed in ANY of these places, just trying to keep the thread alive.

I once stayed at the Galarmi Apartments, which is right there but half the price of hotels, but it was an absolute dump so I went back to staying at the Shangri-La, since I was only on short visits anyway.

The Somerset has at least two properties in Makati, one on Makati Ave. near the Peninsula hotel and one on de la Costa. The rooms I've seen are nice and probably shouldn't be any more expensive than the Mandarin, which is unimpressive. If I were staying at a hotel (on someone else's dime) in Makati I'd choose the Makati Shang.

Thanks guys, great info.

I went to the Ascott Makati which was previously called the Oakwood. The problem with this place is it's located in the Glorietta mall so it's a zoo around the lobby, this could have it's benefits though. :grin: The rooms are ok, but a far cry from some of the better serviced apartments in Bangkok.

The Shang definitely has the best accomodations in Makati, but it's full every time I try to book. flights for that matter are extremely busy.

• 1 month later...

Archived