Disco Distress

milford

I have always been relectant to go into Nana Disco or any of the others mentioned.

I was wondering what the deal is with these discos. Can a person just go in there and have a couple of drinks with the intent of meeting someone to take back to their mating parlour? Or is it a place to mainly dance and party with someone with the secondary goal of obtaining a partner for the evening.

Perhaps a silly question, but if you ever saw me attempt to dance you would understand my question. It aint pretty!

I have no rhythm and I have no beat and to top it all off I don't have very much meat!

Thanks,

Milford

Relax my friend, you have nothing to fear.

Nana Disco is one of my favorite sanuk places in BKK. First off, it's primary purpose is - oh, who the Hell knows what's it's primary purpose is. To make money for the bar owners, I suppose. But you can make your experience there into anything you want it to be.

Pretty much every tilac there is on the game. Some are full time freelancers and some are NEP girls who were bar fined short time or, if its after 2:00, were not bar fined at all that night. A (rare) few may actually be "good girls" who are curious about what it would be like to earn extra cash being with a farang, but generally don't buy the student or shopgirl working for extra money line.

You don't have to dance if you don't want to. You can stand back with a drink and wait for the girls to approach you (and they will). Or you can join in and dance your ass off. But keep in mind that if you get an Asian girl dancing, and I don't just mean Thai pros but any Asian girl, she'll loosen up with you. I've found this to be just as true with virginal mainland Chinese girls as with the hardest BKK hooker. Spend time dancing and drinking with a girl at Nana Disco and you'll still be just a customer to her, but for whatever reason the activities back in your hotel room will be 100% more enjoyable.

For me, dancing is one of the great joys in life. And let's face it - having a conversation with a Thai girl can be about as much fun as sticking your finger into a light socket. Better to do something nonverbal like dancing, and then continue the nonverbal activities back in your hotel room.

By the way, I'll bet you're a much better dancer than you think. Just get your ass out onto the dance floor with a sweet-looking little Thai girl and follow along. It's great motivation.

Yes, I agree that dancing prowess is not a requirement for going to Nana Disco. My dancing style has been alternatively described as 'drunk penguin,' or 'the guy trying to scrape dogshit off his shoes.'

But, not to worry, as the dance floor is usually so crowded no one will be able to detect your, um, moves. Just jump around a lot. Also, dirty dancing and the like is easy to get away with in the mass of humanity.

If you don't even want to venture on the dance floor, that is OK too. Just head to either end of the place and you will find plenty of ladies more interested in dancing between the sheets that on the dancefloor.

A trip to Nana Disco used to be de rigeur for me each evening after the NEP gogos. But, now with the early closures at Thermae I usually skip it in favor of a trek down to everyone's favorite coffee shop.

By the way, I went to Thermae early (I think) at around 12:30am last night and there must have been at least 5 ladies for every guy in the place. No problem at all securing a very good doubleheader. And, I think prices have gone down as well. 1,500 B for the two LT.

I used to like Nana Disco but on the last few occasions I have been there the music has been crap.

I remember the good old days when you could really whack it out to "Come on Barbie let's go party" but now it is all this Techno crap which has the same beat hour after f**king hour.

Also the waitresses are very agressive if they see you without a drink. This happens very often as people always seem to be nicking my drink.

Fatbastard33

As the girls say up to you and that is precisely what you can do in the discos, buy a couple of drinks, have a look at the talent and then if you see something you like basically the same ae the bars try make eye contact give a little smile and you never know your luck. laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Thanks for your reponses.

Okay, I get the message.

It almost seems as the answer is always the same to me.

all purpose answer: Shower as often as you can, smile and be friendly with everyone, spend the baht and you will get the twat.

I guess for my particular case, I need to shed any insecurities and just realize that the bottom line is if you got some money you will get some honey.

Thanks again and if you guys are in BKK from 11-6 through 12-3 look for the guy that can't dance in the discos. That will be me.

Thanks,

Milford

quote:

Originally posted by fatbastard33:

Also the waitresses are very agressive if they see you without a drink. This happens very often as people always seem to be nicking my drink.

Fatbastard33

Annoyed by aggressive waitresses that want to fetch you a new drink everytime you get low?

Order something you don't like. I tend to just suck down drinks if it's something I like. This way I save money and stay more sober. I've even thought of putting salt in a drink just to make sure I had something undrinkable to keep the waitresses at bay, but haven't tried this yet...

Nana disco is definiely a pickup joint. I've only been there twice, and actually I didn't dance either time. Both times (dec and jan) there were tons of girls, lots of lookers. Don't know about anywhere else.

I can't dance either. But I realized several years ago nobody else gives a damn, so why should I.

quote:

Originally posted by milford:

I have always been relectant to go into Nana Disco or any of the others mentioned.

I was wondering what the deal is with these discos. Can a person just go in there and have a couple of drinks with the intent of meeting someone to take back to their mating parlour? Or is it a place to mainly dance and party with someone with the secondary goal of obtaining a partner for the evening.

Perhaps a silly question, but if you ever saw me attempt to dance you would understand my question. It aint pretty!

I have no rhythm and I have no beat and to top it all off I don't have very much meat!

Thanks,

Milford

Archived