Bacardi Breezers

Sarisin

I'd like to alert the gang that there is a trend developing in the gogo bars in Bangkok that might have an impact on your wallet.

Friday and Saturday nights I hit about 10 gogo bars in Patpong and NEP. I have noticed there is a new ladydrink on the block called Bacardi Breezer. There are several flavors which come in a bottle. I tasted a couple of them. One is like a rum sour, the other more like a planters punch or something.

The kicker: they range in price from 140 B to 175 B depending on the bar.

As most of you know there are drinks for the ladies and ladydrinks. The former include things like beer, whiskey coke, etc. The latter has always been cola, sprite, juice, etc. With the latter, the lady gets a chit she turns in the end of the evening for 30-40 B each. Nothing if you buy her a beer or alcoholic drink. The way to tell if you just bought a ladydrink is if the lady received one of these chits for cashing in later.

Well, I confirmed that the Bacardi Breezer has achieved ladydrink status in some of the bars anyway as a chit was given out. Now, I don't know with that price if the lady gets more or not. If so, you might see more requests for these drinks than cola.

I suppose they are good in a way as it will take the lady some time to down it. No chug-a-lugging cola and asking for another. And,if you like your lady a bit tipsy, I think a couple of these would oblige.

However, buying yourself a few beers, and a couple of BBs will have your bin up to 500 B in no time at all.

I do not know how much the Crown Group is charging, but they were 145 B in Titty Twister last night. And, at least 7-8 ladies were drinking them.

Sarisin,

Good info...I had noticed thes bottles on the bar at Renoir the last time I was on Soi33, thought nothing of it until I bought a drink for a "hostess". One of these appeared, with accompanying bill for Bt180.

As you say, a couple of hours of this would lead to a serious bill (not that Soi33 is cheap.....)

....cheers

• 2 weeks later...

In Kings Group Bars (Patpong)the ladies asking for a Bacardi Breezer, take it as a drink no chit. A lot seem to want to drink these rather than get lady drinks. 15O B in June 01

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Ckrisg ]

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Ckrisg ]

Archived