PC madness..

Bkkbound04

@Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

Hit the return button to return to the previous page. @

what was that about??

Link works perfectly here,

Description (revised)

Award Winning Diorama "The French Salute"

This great little diorama won 2nd place at the IPMS Region 12 Convention on March 24th, 2007.

The Base is a 12" rectangle. The road and groundwork is Sculptamold, and the fence section is built from styrofoam and acrylic modelling paste. Woodland Scenics static grass and course turf finished it off.

The Tank is Tamiya's Char B1 bis, and is built out of the box. The vehicle name "laches" is made from pieces of decals from the kit and is french for "cowards".

The two german figures are from Dragon's Gen 2 "Germania Regiment" set, the rifleman has arms from the parts box, and a strap made from lead foil. The machine gunner is out of the box. The French Tank Commander is from the B1 kit, but he has had his arms and hands replaced to make him a more accurately articulated Frenchman.

Everything was painted with Oils, Acrylics, and Enamels, and weather with Oils and MIG Pigments.

Please Note- I normally do not put a reserve on my auctions, unless it is a contest winner. I am not a pro modeler, but I am proud of my work, and I love the recognition. Although sooner or later I part with most stuff I build, (friends, family or ebay), I am always happy to add another winner to my own collection. That is the reason for the reserve.

Also, This auction DOES NOT include the 2nd place trophy / plaque.

As with all my auctions, if "buy it now" is used, I will pay for shipping within the U.S.

Shipping is a flat $17.50 to a U.S. address, and that includes insurance, and my usual awesome packaging.

International Bidders must pay actual shipping costs, and insurance is required.

Please be sure to see my other items for the 1st place winner also.

Thanks for looking and good luck bidding!

PS-There is no one "dying with their hands up" in this diorama as implied by my first member question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Mar-28-07 at 15:02:58 PDT, seller added the following information:

PLEASE NOTE- Due to the popularity of this model and some of the moronic emails and messages I have received pertaining to it, I reserve the right to Cancel any bid at will.

If your feedback is less than 10, and/or less than 100%, please contact me via ebay messages "ask seller a question", prior to bidding.

Thanks again for looking, and good luck bidding!

Questions from other members

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Does the french tank have any forward gears or is it just loaded with multiple reverse gears? Apr-04-07

A: It is probably only reverse. On of my next projects will be a B1 being examined by german mechanics, they will be standing puzzled, with one of them exclaiming...more

Q: Good job. If the French think your model is offensive, why not sue Tamiya for manufacturing the said model? Mr. Kennedy is a sissy if he takes away your...more Apr-04-07

A: Thanks for compliment and comments. Mr. Kennedy has already stated that they (IPMS)cannot "revoke" my award. I wish I could post a link to one of my...more

Q: Very accurate..the french surrender at any threat.. including an assult by the girl scouts Apr-04-07

A: OH NO! Someone else has inspired my next project... Im going to build a french leclerc surrendering to a bunch of taliban women. "You never know what...more

Archived