New German Restaurant and Bar in Surin

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea why, but I eat more German food in Thailand than I do at home. Generally they (the Thais) do a good job with it, and the prices are usually good. I will have to try this place near Cent next time I come to visit him...hope he is buying!

Last year October I met a Thai on the plane who is buying German made machines which make sausages . The man said his business is increasing like hell , local demand in Siam .

Please note : anything that comes out of this kind of machines looks like a sausage though you never know what the sausage has been made of . I therefore do not recommend to consume German sausages , neither in LOS nor in Yeorman . Sausagemakers are crooks be definition .

Thinks BuBi

Would I have a Yeorman Bah in LOS , I would sell sausages under the brandname " BuBi's original Oktoberfest Munich handmade Bavarian Otto´s Sausage " made in Frankfurt . Put inside what I find in the local dustbins along Soi 4 after hours and sweeten the mess with lots of pepper and salt . Velly goos , everyman like.

birozen-

What do you mean a rip off?

Is one hundred baht too much for a huge plate of

chicken? With salad?

If you can't afford it there are cheaper places in the world, somewhere, I am sure....

I am up here a lot the last three weeks- with some police we are doing a pretty serious investigation in Tatum. Can you believe that there are men in this world who would lie about their backgrounds to convince a woman to marry them? Even though there is evidence. Another topic for another thread......

This place is great. With another Leicester Asian Alumni member we are even thinking of the Halifax...the Isaan solution to the fish and chip dilemna.

Let me know when you are here and we can hook up. Or we could just drop by the wife's place. Up to you...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, have German food. Last night I had 3 styles of sausage, potato salad (a huge portion) Black German bread (four slices). Excellent salad and sausages. I also had 2 draft German Black beers (excellent!), 1 shot of Sambuca, and bought a large package of pretzels.

The total for everything ... 499 baht.

Norbert's prices are very reasonable, the food is great, many choices for an alcoholic drink, great beers, and right in Soi Cola where you can watch the sexy women walk by to the Speed3 disco across the street. A very short walk from either of the 2 major hotels in Surin, the Thong Tarin, and the newer Surin Majestic, and maybe a ten minute walk from the Pethckasem Hotel as well.

If you are in Surin this is a great place to chow down when you get tired of Thai food and drink.

The name of the restaraunt is N&N (Noi and Norbert)

Address is: 3/74-5 Sirirat Road, Surin

Tel: 081-662-4137 or 044-518391 (landline)

e-mail: norenk@web.de

Check it out, and pass the info on to anyone you know coming up to Surin for the Elephant Festival. I'm sure they'd appreciate the information on this new place in Surin. Nice people running it, good staff. I like it a lot.

Cent

Archived