New German Restaurant and Bar in Surin

Central Scrutinizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm May 16th till 27th ... will keep a day open then. Sorry I didn't manage to earlier Dumsoda. Cent after all this time it would be nice to see you also and the wife ..... am dating a gig from Surin at the moment and her sister (it is a bit complicated) ..... had to think of your village when Is tarted dating her.

Cent really do give a buzz when you get to Krungthep and we meet daytime!

Waerth

Guys,

Travel plans "On Ice" as far as Bkk goes for at least 6 - 8 weeks...Farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

HK, China, States, Canada, HK, China....then it's the end of June....will try for a long weekend while in China....but it's not looking good right now....may just have to fly :someone" over to HK for a few days....

Where there's a will......there's ....a Dead relative!!!!!

Cheers....a Very NOT happy DS / DC

So Cent, did you ever find out what the German guy's name is and what the name of the bar is.

Probably Nobbie from Nongkhai. If so tell him Steve from Hawaii says sawat dii krap and ya iss gooot. He's got lots of good German beer, Jagermeister on ice, and very good food.

• 2 months later...

Gladius,

Yes, he does, and it is good considering how hard it is at times to get ingredients up here in Surin. I suspect he gets much of his ingredients from down Pattaya and Bangkok way like Martin does. He also makes his own breads and pretzels and cold cuts as well (as does the farang connection now). A good addition to Surin's farang scene really. I'm glad he's here giving us some choice and diversity in meals and products. Sometimes I get a bit sick of Thai foods. Between Martin's Farang Connection restaurant, this new German run place, and another new place run by a Norwegian man (he has good small pizzas for small baht) there is now some decent variety. Now if only they'd open a Fuji's here with some good/decent Japn (the one in Pattaya I ate at recently was very good!), and a decent TexMex food place I'd be a truly happy camper in my choices of dining on a night out.

Cent

Archived