Looking to meet non BG for sex.

quote:

Originally posted by jimofarabia:

fzw

what is recism? is it the conviction that your country is better than others simply because you happened to be born there!?

do i think some people are more talented than others? would i want everyone to be the same? do cultures differ from each other? do we enjoy those differences and hope they continue? is man fundamentally the same notwithstanding outward appearances?

i think my sensible answer to these questions will clearly establish my view of mankind. Is that racist? this is a subjective term and will mean different things to different people.

sometimes, you say things you may not hold sincerely for innumerable reasons?

you enjoy your observation point from the wall- i think i'm still buzzing around, and occasionally spoiling perfectly good food...

jOa

No, i have not really been talking about that. I was more talking about your very clear comments about indians, jews, white arian race +++

But I seem to get the drift, correct me if I am wrong.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by flyonzewall:

No, i have not really been talking about that. I was more talking about your very clear comments about indians, jews, white arian race ++

I don't suppose you would be referring to comments like:

"Rather than viewing her as a scheming, shameless, little slit, intent on robbing a member of the great anglo saxon race and without whose protection on the global stage she would be at the mercy of the killing fields?"

would you?

I think our views of Jim may just coincide, Flyboy.

LG, watching and waiting ....

longun,

they definately do.

some of jims ramblings are so outrageous that i have difficulties to believe that they are for real.

they funny part is his little board where he is the only poster.

but if he is for real i believe to have some lovely arguments with him if he is not banned straight away for his first hate post.

quote:

Originally posted by Khun Sanuk:

Hi,

"if he is not banned straight away for his first hate post."

He will be (providing he writes such a post).

Racism is not tolerated here.

Sanuk!

since i don't want to be banned, i wouldn't want to cause offence (hey! i got to hear of thermae through here)- as it happens, i don't think i am racist. Would i prejudge someone on the grounds of his race, or colour? Absolutely not. But this will be judgement by one's own cultural norms , and which renders your considerations subjective and arguably racist?.

I don't go out of my way to invite people to participate in my board- it remains near inactive but i'll remain happy to offer my perspective on any sanuk subject raised within it.

My words the subject of the quote i agree were extreme- extreme perspectives of two sides- neither perspective will reflect a reality- it is not a position i personally hold- perhaps i was tryin to get some board activity going!?

jOa

I would say give Jim some time.

I originally thought that Flyonezewall was a twat cos of his original argumentative style. Now having read a lot more of his posts think he is pretty knowledgable about quite a few things going on here, definitely no rose coloured spectatcles.

He mentioned one or two items that I have in depth knowledge of that I thought no-one on this board would know about.

Maybe Jim is going to do the same!!

quote:

Originally posted by thalenoi:

If someone has the need to insult newbies asking ignorant questions and having wrong ideas concerning LOS, then PLEASE don't reply.

But there's a big difference between ignorant newbie questions ('Where is the Nana Hotel ? How much ST/LT ? Best way from the airport ? etc...) and arrogant/insulting questions which assume that every Thai girl is available if you wave a few dollars in front of them.

Surely you'd agree that no-one planning a holiday to, say, the US or England would ever ask questions about where they could find a salesgirl to prostitute themselves for a week, or where they could find a BJ dentists or any of the other crap questions that come up here all too frequently.

If so, then surely asking the same questions about Thailand would indicate "The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability" = the dictionary.com definition of racism.

So how come people asking questions along these lines aren't banned ? After all, if someone were to ask a question like "Where can I find a bar in Bangkok that doesn't admit Blacks/Arabs/Chinese/whatever because I don't like them ?", it would rightly be deleted and get them banned for racism. Yet ask a similar question about Thai women, and it's just 'being a newbie'.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Iaxia ]

I just returned from a couple of weeks in LOS. It was my 6th or 7th trip in past few years. Every time I go I have more fun thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences.

Although I kept up on many of the posts this thread was started while I was there. I didn't read it until I returned home. I must say that I enjoyed it, at least most of it.

As others have said I think the best advice for anyone's first time, especialy if time is limited, is to stick with the gogos, bars and massage places. There is so much fun to be had that I wouldn't waste time trying to find the perfect non BG. Maybe you will find her or maybe she will find you, but don't spend a lot of time looking around.

My goal is to spend as much time as I can with the girl(s) in and out of bed. This includes eating, movies, sightseeing, shows, nightclubs, dancing, playing pool and everything else. The only time I like to spend alone is a few hours in the evening when my girl goes home to get a change of cloths or when I'm between girls.

The first time I stuck to the massage places. Next time added the gogo girls. Next time the bar girls. Next time BJ places and the Thermae. It just keeps getting better and better as I try more things and keep going back for more.

Thanks again to all of you. I didn't have the benefit of the Internet my first couple of visits, so missed out on a lot.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: pattayaman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Iaxia:

So how come people asking questions along these lines aren't banned ? After all, if someone were to ask a question like "Where can I find a bar in Bangkok that doesn't admit Blacks/Arabs/Chinese/whatever because I don't like them ?", it would rightly be deleted and get them banned for racism. Yet ask a similar question about Thai women, and it's just 'being a newbie'.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Iaxia ]

Come on, you can't be serious!!! How PC do you want this board to be???

We've already got the PC police scanning every discussion looking for opportunities to to attack and criticize any poster whose question, views or beliefs are not in line with reasonable, well behaved, polite society. Now you want to go on a sexist witch hunt?

Why don't we all just start posting on Lonely Planet?

Iaxa,

Quote ["But there's a big difference between ignorant newbie questions ('Where is the Nana Hotel ? How much ST/LT ? Best way from the airport ? etc...) and arrogant/insulting questions which assume that every Thai girl is available if you wave a few dollars in front of them."]

Last week there was a question on soc.cult.thai: "I will travel to Thailand in august and what are Must Sees and Don't do's?" My advice was *buy the Lonely planet" I agree TC's question is not "innocent" but he will not find an answer in the Lonely Planet.

Quoting Condomking "Why don't we all just start posting on Lonely Planet?"

I have seen similar questions as TC's aked on LP's board. They are politely advised to ask ASFO, Nanaplaza or Nanpong as being the right place for asking.

Therefore my request is to stay polite in replying on this board as well, even if as individuals we question the moral value of the question asked. "Moral values" are difficult to frontier due to the diversity of cultures represented on this board.

As far as racism is concerned, in my opinion racism is about hatred, and the rule on this board is to ban racism.

Although I often disagree moralwise with comments/questions made on this board, I refrain from criticising and do consider TC's question to be valid and he got valid answers.

Then again, this is only my humble opinion,

Archived