Tracing an address from a phone number

Stickman

I have a phone number for which I am urgently trying to locate the address for the person that lives there. In some countries they have "reverse phone books" where by you can search by number, instead of surname, to find their phone numebr or address.

The reason for asking this question may seem unusual and to anyone who may have the answer but is perhaps reluctant to provide it on here, I can assure you that the request is "appropriate". Feel free to email me via the board if you can help.

Stick

Yeah, Coles Reverse Directory was one. Have you tried all the on-line directories like Bigfoot and Whitepages and all those? They offer e-mail from addresses, phones into addresses, etc. I have tested it sometimes with my mother's address and they usually work.

Cheers!

Stickman,

Two ways:

1. The CD White pages. If you have access to the CD type in the phone number and in many cases they will have the name / address (more likely for businesses).

2. The Mobile phone book. If the person authorized it at the time of purchase, their name is located in this book. Have only seen this in Thai language.

Jaa,

Stickman

Is this a phone number in Thailand ?

Probably the best way is to look for a telephone installer and offer him 500 or 1000 baht. Make up some story about a girl you want to suprise or something like that.

Where do you get this CD phone book? Stickman.....You might try one of the myriad private investigators in this town...They should know the system and, I understand, are relatively inexpensive.

You can get the phone directories on CD Rom from Shinawatra Directories or the TOT.

They are lso online at http://www.sd.co.th

The yellow and white pages come out about 6 months apart and when I got the yellow they said they were out of last years white and put me on a list but I never heard from them.

They are free and only work on Win98. Won't run on my Win2000 machine. Also you want to get the English versions unless you read Thai.

You have to watch about 3 minutes of advertising every time you start it and it has a very funky interface but once you get used to it they are quite usefull.

Stickman can email me at irocstarr@NOSPAMyahoo.com if he wants me to try to look it up for him.

That link will not work with numbers that are unlisted, and it also did not work with several listed numbers that I tried. I suspect that their records are incomplete at best.

I've offered to help Stick with his problem. I have sources that can identify the address and owner of any telephone in Thailand, whether it be a land line, mobile phone, listed, or unlisted number.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Just to let people know WHY I asked the question in the first case, I am currently helping a girl who is pregnant negotiate with the father of the unborn child. The negotiations have broken down between her and the father and she is unable to get hold of him. She has a phone number for him, but not an address.

Just in case anyone has any concerns that this could result in her sending a hit squad around to see him, it is not at all like that, and while the issue is serious enough, I'm sure it will al be worked out well enough.

Stick

Archived