Walking Street Go Go Round Up

MooNoi

Having been here for the last 10 days or so, I've had to opportunity to visit a few places, and thought I would do a short-ish write-up so that people who aren't here at the moment can find out what's going on in case they're interested.

And, as always, please remember that these round-ups are just my humble opinion, and based on my tastes in girls, music, atmosphere and experiences in the last 10 days etc.

Up to 3 :thumbup: for good bars and up to 3 :thumbdown: for crappy places.

Also, bear in mind being Songkran that a lot of the girls would have gone home for holidays, so the quality may be lacking at the moment.

Anyway... enjoy! Moo Noi!

SILVER STAR

One of the first bars you hit in Walking Street... They've got the idea, but it just doesn't quite make it. 140 baht for a spirit is a little over-the-top for what you get. There *ARE* some nice birds in here however. Not huge pressure for LD's and the mamasan is friendly (and cute! :grin: ) I don't like bars where the girls don't wear the same "uniform" and the selection of shoes being worn on the stage looked ridiculous. It's a simple thing to fix. Think of Shark Bar in Soi Cowboy - girls wear the same uniform and same shoes and it looks great and professional. Still, not a bad place for a drink. :thumbup:

CATZ

This place was ok and hadn't seemed to change much from the last time I went here. I met one of the owners and he was a friendly guy. Not much in the way of stunners in here, but a couple of "above averages" and a lot of plain Janes. Still doing the silly French Maid/Feather Duster show. Which isn't really a show at all. Give it a :thumbup: for the friendly manager and the cold draft beer.

X-ZONE

When Torrenova and I walked in here there was one other customer in the place. It's in Covent Garden. And it's not a small gogo either. A couple of girls were doing a soapy thing with each other on a platform, but it was kind of lame. (Can't imagine they'd be into it woth only 3 cuzzies). Pretty ordinary standard of girls too. I did spot one cutie with short hair and a Japanese-ey look to her. I called her over and asked her if she wanted a drink and she said "mai pen rai" and trotted off to sit by herself again... WTF? :confused: The layout of this place has potential, but it is a classic example of LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Being hidden away *AND* upstairs is killing it. It must be losing money hand-over-fist. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

HOT GIRLS

This place used to be okay. (Especially as I was having an er... "slight dalliance" with the previous Mamasan here... what a cutie! :grin: Great in the sack too!! I'll give her :thumbup: :thumbup: for old time's sake... one for each hole! :grin: ) Now its shit. Aggressive and ugly girls, bad music, and seemed to be full of Middle Eastern and Indian couples on holiday just "wanting to have a look" and drinking Cokes. No atmosphere. One drink and left. Won't be back. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

PEPPERMINT

Still my favourite gogo for ogling. There's always something going on to look at. The girls in the "monkey house" up the back are better-than-average for a gogo, and the best looking birds in the place. Yes, most of the girls are still mercenary to the extreme, but there's some definite eye candy to be found. I have a couple of friends in here who I chat with and LD sometimes, and they're great chicks. I *DID* break my golden rule and BF a girl from here a couple of nights back. Not sure why but it was the second night I'd talked to her and she just seemed like a really cool chick. From Chiang Rai too, without the "Isaan" look so I liked that. She also said she didn't like short time and preferred long time, so fine by me! Anyway, she was FANTASTIC! :D Took her the next night too. 1500 baht for long time, and no problems whatsoever. Great chick to talk to as well and got her head screwed on properly. (Or seems to - you know how it is! :crazy: ) She came up with quote of the week for me... some Japanese had buckets of balls and the girls were lined-up like seagulls at the beach waiting to grab a stray chip. My teerak of the night turned to me and said: "Mai khao jai. Same girls who ask for 3000 baht longtime, and then get angry when only offered 2000 are screaming over a 20 baht ping pong ball. Weird!" You go girl!! :grin: :grin:

Great music in here too (I like dance music) and cheap draft beer. The "shows" need improving though.. they're pretty lame. Still, my favourite gogo in the street for enjoyment. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

HAPPY

Yes, same owners as Peppermint, but also a favourite of mine. (No... I have no connection with any business interests in these bars... again just my opinion). I don't know how this bar does so well... off the main street, dark, dingy, smelly and small. Actually... having hot chicks who actually dance, a lot of nudity and the odd lesbian show probably help!

Took a girl from here (a "hostess") for three nights, and great girl, great sex and happy with 1500 baht a night. There are some great looking girls in here. (A few with too many tatts though! Not my style). Some seem quite detatched and have the "Peppermint / Happy" attitude, but there are some fun girls in here to talk to. They are doing a lesbian show each night now, and 2 nights ago it was a triple lesbian show - 3 chicks. All hot. And all sticking their tongues up each other's clackers as far as they could go!! Cudos! :applause: There's one chick in here who is STUNNING in my book... never talked to her, but her body is unbelievable and her face is to die for. To put on the "to-do" list, that's for sure.

Again, good dance music (although a little loud) and cheap and cold draft beer. I like it a lot!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

CHAMPIONS

I don't think I've ever seen a skankier, older, more miserable-looking bunch of dancers on a stage in Walking Street. The punters in here could be described the same as well. If there was a gogo in... (can someone for the U.S. please give me the name of a town out west somewhere where people practice incest, sit on rocking chairs on their verandah and have a scar on their shoulder from where their second head was removed), this would be it. Horrible music too. (Again - I don't like Ol' Time Classic Rock and Roll). :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

DOLLHOUSE

It makes me sad. This bar was a favourite about 3 years ago. Now it's definitely in the "just another gogo" category. It was very quiet, and the chicks just didn't seem interested in talking to anyone - let alone a handsome Piggy! :grin: A couple of the dek-serves are very cute though and quite flirty. The DJ is absolute shit too and wouldn't know how to mix a drink let alone two songs. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

SWEETHEARTS

Where? None that I could see. Maybe this place should be renamed "Poom-pooey A-Go-Go". Was a fair bit of hail damage and cesarian scars going on in front of me. Comfy seats though, I'll give 'em that. Again, disinterested staff and no atmosphere at all. Some bar owners just don't get it and understand what customers want. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

NAUGHTY GIRLS

Where? I didn't see any! What a miserable bunch of chicks. The music was too quiet and everyone looked bored out of their skull. Really disappointing. This place was ok a few years back!

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

HONEY

What happened to this place? It used to be okay and I remember a couple of good nights in here. I saw one chick above the "passable" level, and the pressure for LD's was high. Pretty quiet in here too. No real reason to go back methinks. At least some of the chicks actually had a crack at dancing rather than the Pattaya Shuffle. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

LIVING DOLLS ONE

I hadn't been in here in a couple of years but went for a look last night. Yerk! Not too many lookers (a few haa-sip/haa-sip) but for the most part pretty fugly. One toilet for the whole bar sucks too. (Had to wait for some bird to do whatever she was doing for about 5 minutes before I got in). Living Dolls??? I don't think so! Cheap draft though, and cold! So one redeeming feature. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

LIVING DOLLS SHOWCASE

Hmmmm... Not sure what to make of this place. There are definitely some hot chicks in here. That's for sure. Some of the shows they've been doing for ages though. I think they need to re-vamp some of them. :sleeping:

Still, good viewing angles of the stage, and the chicks are friendly enough. I do, however, think that 220 baht for a "double Lippo" lady drink is taking the piss. If I'm going to pay 220 baht for a "double" something, give the girl a DRINK!

Still, decent shows at times, and would go back.

:thumbup:

CLUB ELECTRIC BLUE

In Soi Diamond. (I think??) Not sure why they moved from the bigger club in WS, but this place is shit now. Ugly birds, and no interaction whatsoever. Got the death-stares when I didn't leave a tip after paying my bin either. Leave a tip for what? No interaction, minimal service and no smiles whatsoever. Crap. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

CAROUSEL

This place was ok. Some nice looking girls on the revolting stage, good happy hour - 65 baht bottled beers and spirits until 10. The dek serves in here were far more interactive than the dancing girls and I had a fun hour with a couple of them. Not a bad place. :thumbup:

THE SEA

Good place - music is a bit loud though... actually, FAR too loud! Hard to talk. Had a great night in here with CT and his "harem"! :grin: A few good looking chicks, one or two great looking chicks.. a few mercenary, and a few who were cool to talk to and no pressure. One of the better places IMO. :thumbup: :thumbup:

NEW STAR

One of the smallest gogos in the WS area, if not *THE* smallest. I used to have some fun nights in "The Caravan" as I call it. (Inside it looks like a caravan, or "trailer" for the North Americans). Lace curtains.. wood panelling - tasteful!

Seems to be a place now where old gogo girls go to die. (Actually, no... they come here then the go work in Champions!) Two little cuties, and some high pressure for the LD's. Sad - this place used to be a little hidden gem for me. Not anymore. :( :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

X-ZTYE

Not a gogo, but I'll put it in anyway. I always have a great night out here at this massive disco, and really enjoy the shows. Some absolute BABES :yikes: dancing in the show too - better than you would see at many gogos. I do hate the mercenary attitude of this place though: "No, don't fill my glass up again when it's still two-thirds full... no, you don't need to put 7 large cubes of ice in my drink when 2 will do in order that I buy more ice at 60 baht a bucket." And the toilet attendants in here REALLY shit me with their fake subservient bullshit antics. :cussing: Still, put these things aside and its a great place to take a teerak or two to. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hope you enjoyed the write-up!

MooNoi.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice write-up MooNoi. :thumbup:

Funny what you said about Champions. When I went in there last there was this fat old dancer shaking her massive floppy titties at a fat old farang who was clearly loving it and giving her the :hubba: eyebrows.

It seemed to be popular with the rock 'n' roll hillbillies. There must be some hillbilly website somewhere telling their boys 'this is the place to go'. :grinyes:

MooNoi,

many thanks for your detailed gogo report.

Excellent! Good job! Very good informations.

It is always good to read a detailed and extensive report about Pattaya gogos.

While reading it it seems to me as if I would sit in one of the bars enjoying myself.

Re: Catz

Some useful information: the girl with big tits there doesn't do blowjobs (or didn't six months or so ago so check before barfining. I haven't done these kind of checks for years because bjs seem to have become accepted as 'de rigeur' by the girls since about 2000. Apparently she hasn't yet caught up to this century. :shakehead )

That Peppermint 20 baht ball observation's a good one .... and it's giving me ideas... :devil:

I'm now thinking of offering the girls a different payment option. At the end of the deed, you bring out a box of 20 baht balls, chuck them up in the air, and you both scrabble for them. :D

I also just returned from Pattaya and was getting ready to post my roundup when I saw MooNoiâ??s thread. Iâ??ve pasted my review below and will now go back to see how it compares to MooNoiâ??s.

Living Dolls Showcase :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Once my favorite bar in Pattaya, I had given LDS less than stellar reviews the last several times out, based largely on how the girlâ??s attitudes had changed since they first opened back in 2002. The last several trips saw the showgirls perform their show and then head directly to the back room until their next set, refusing to mingle with the paying customers. Iâ??m happy to report that wasnâ??t the case this time. :D All of the girls were out and about on a nightly basis, which makes for a much more entertaining evening. Perhaps it is related to slow season and the girls need to work the room a bit to make up for the lack of tips? :dunno:

Whatever the case, there is no denying that Ken continues to find/display some of the best looking girls in LOS gogos. I connected with one of the showgirls on more than one occasion and could find myself getting attached to her on more than a physical level. :nono::o Fortunately we both agreed that this wasnâ??t wise since she has a boyfriend and I know that getting involved with a bargirl is almost surely a recipe for disaster.

Happy :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It appears that a few of the best looking girls have moved on or were on Holiday for Songkran. Most notably the dark skinned girl with the name tattoo on her butt. :( I saw her in LDS one night but since she had a date, we did nothing more than smile at each other. :hubba: Pity because I was looking forward to hooking up with her again. Happy, while they might not have the line up of stunners that LDS has, always seems to a few decent looking girls no matter what time you stop in. They always draw a good crowd and unlike some other bars, I have never walked in and only felt the need to stay for one drink.

Peppermint :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Much like Happy, a model of consistency. A good crowd on a nightly basis and while limited in the stunner department, decent looking girls. I really like the variety of stage, table and cage dancers at Peppermint. The only thing that I donâ??t like about Peppermint is that it is sometimes difficult to get a seat in the place.

Living Dolls :thumbup: :thumbup:

A few very nice looking girls and then a big drop off in terms of quality. Go early or you will be disappointed with the selection as the best looking girls were barfined early on a regular basis. While not what it once was, I still like the place and have a soft spot for the cute girl with the minor cosmetic defect. You wonâ??t notice it unless you pay her barfine as itâ??s not visible from the stage.

Shark Bar/Shark Club/The Sea :thumbup:

All three of these places have the same feel to me. The selection of girls isnâ??t that great bit they get an A for effort. I got plenty of attention in each bar, as did most other customers, without being pestered for drinks.

Coyote :thumbup:

Still some good looking, young, hard bodies in this place but the lack of customers in such a large club make it seem like it was dead. Also, just like Heaven Above, the white motif is beginning to look worn and a bit on the scuzzy side. :barf: I guess there is a good reason most bars go with dark interiors.

Dollhouse :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Very disappointing. At least they used to have a couple of good looking dancers in the place but I could find a single one this visit. To make matters worse, the girls started begging for drinks shortly after I sat down. One and done and didnâ??t go back.

Heaven Above :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I read a few reviews that this place had picked up since I last visited in January. The improvement must have been short lived because the line up of girls I saw, looked like they were recruited from Beach road. :yikes: I didnâ??t even stay to finish my drink.

Angelwitch :thumbdown:

They draw a good crowd and the bar layout is one of the best in all of LOS but I have a few issues with Angelwitch PTYâ?¦..Number 1, the Katoey â??mamasanâ? who choreographs the shows, has injected herself into the shows as a dancer on a regular basis. :banghead: :onfire: :cussing::barf: I donâ??t know about you, but if Iâ??m interested in watching Katoeyâ??s, Iâ??ll go sit in Jenny Star Bar. This guy is a talented individual and puts together entertaining dance routines :up: but do me a favor and let the girls perform them!!! My second issue is that their line up of dancers looks like they got whoever Heaven Above left on beach road. :yikes::yikes: A great place to go if your looking to barfine girls with stretch marks, flabby asses and droopy tits though. :grinyes:

Secrets :thumbdown:

What made this place entertaining before was the energy of the Coyote dancers. I stopped in several times and saw nothing but the 2-step shuffle and a bunch of bored looking girls. They still have good food and the place is nicely decorated but thatâ??s about it.

Moo Noi, sounds like we were in Peppermint at the same time. Last Friday night there was a Japanese guy who must have spent 10,000 baht on balls. :crazy:

Nearly brought the place to a stop as all the girls crowded to the edge of the stage as he continued to throw them out.

I meant to give CT a shout to go out for a drink but couldn't login to Thai360 from the Whitehouse for some reason. :dunno: Every time I entered my login and password, it would bring me right back to the login page. Worked fine once I got to BKK though.

I should have got off my lazy ass and went down to an internet cafe but there always seemed to be someone in my room distracting me ;)

Good review. It sounds like we have similar tastes.

What about prices? It's been ages since I last visited Walking Street which I always consider just a tourist zone with prices & attitudes reflecting that.

Do all of those bars serve local spirits at reasonable prices? I should just go over and check it out but honestly... I find it just too much of a tourist zoo.

Also, especially with the US navy in town, the whole area must be a terrorist's wet dream. (Yes,feel the same about Nana Entertainment Plaza in Bangkok)

Out of the whole summary I actually made a mental note about Champions, as a place to check out. I kind of like a skankier line-up. :)

Finally, can we hear it for Tahitian Queen.. An institution IMHO.

WLL,

Actually visited Pattaya a few weeks ago...first time in a year and a half....

It was "interesting" and there has been quite some development work happening..... It must be every Rich Farang's dream to invest in a new "Upmarket" Condo right on Beach Road... :barf::barf: ...Just imagine being able to walk out the door of your 20 Million Baht Condo and take your pick of any number of 300Baht Ho's :grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

Dunno about the Prices on Walking Street?? Drinks or "skanks"....Visited a couple of Go Go's for a drink and a "Look"...but did a BYO visit, so no price checks...

...Reckon you should be able to get a Lao Kao, Red Fanta....for a reasonable price somewhere down there!!!! Can't get more "Local" spirits than that. :_party::_party: Just make sure they don't use the bottles of petrol to mix your drink!! :dunno::neener::dunno:

Why don't you jump on a moto cy taxi and go check it out yourself???? It can't be that far from "Soi 22" to WS :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Down towards the other end of Beach Road (near the Dolphin roundabout), Mantra serves Delightful drinks in a supurb atmosphere....Moet, most reasonable, at 700 Bt a glass....Madam was more than happy!!

Tend to agree with your comments about WS and Nana being prime target possibilities and being the catalyst for creating wet dreams for potential perps. Just the thought of 78 Virgins is enough to give anyone "Wet Dreams" :grinyes::grinyes: Except me, that is....I'm a born coward and the "price of entry" is way too steep for me :dunno::dunno:

Besides....What would you do after the first week???? :dunno::grinyes::grinyes::dunno:

Cheers DS....and sometimes DC

As for Champions...and TQ....after reading "Piggy's" review there's not much chance of us ever "rubbing shoulders" in either joint.... however have ....in a past life....been known to have an afternoon brew in TQ...

Archived