About this forum

khunsanuk

Hi,

As there are a lot of members flying back and forth to Thailand from all over the world I thought it might be a good idea to see if we can use that to help each other.

While more and more goods are becoming available in Thailand, there is still a lot that cannot be bought here. And the same goes for other countries as well with regards to Thai goods.

So, this forum can be used to ask people to bring goods for you or to post offers of bringing goods for others.

The details for each transaction will be left to the individuals involved, but I would suggest that the cost of the goods is paid for (obviously :) ) as well a thank you (I hear beer is often a good way to do this :) ). Bringing stuff should always be up to the person doing the bringing and as it is a favor, don't push your luck. I.e. asking for a 1kg of cheese is fine, asking for 10kg is ridiculous.

Anyway, if you are coming to Thailand and have spare capacity in your suitcase, why not offer to bring someone something. Same goes to those going from Thailand to other countries of course as there are plenty of members here with Thai wifes who I am sure would love some foodstuffs from Thailand.

Sanuk!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, Good idea KS.

So I'll be the first to put up the offer.

I am flying from Uk this time (not Holland, although I will be going through Schiphol) and have some spare room in my hand luggage.

I will be in Bkk Monday 23rd afternoon, so place your orders. :)

Just remember new regulations for hand luggage. :mad:

But duty free liquids will be ok.

I always have plenty of space in my bag and I am allowed to bring 2 bags, 40kg in total, I never have more than 10kg since I leave the most of my stuff in the condo! Whoever needs something let me know! Flying back withing the next 2 weeks!

KS

I love Stroopwaffels and my supply just ended 3 weeks ago. I can't buy them here and have no time to visit my Sister! :angel:

Hi,

"I love Stroopwaffels and my supply just ended 3 weeks ago."

I still have 4.5 packs (my wife ate half a pack already since yesterday afternoon :) ).

You're welcome to one of them in exchange for that DVD you were gonna give me and forgot; the one to unlock my DVD player.

Wish I was allowed to bring 40kg. Was allowed 20kg plus 7 hand luggage. Had 21kg in suitcase and 10kg of hand luggage. 90% of it food :)

Sanuk!

I still have 4.5 packs (my wife ate half a pack already since yesterday afternoon :) ).

You're welcome to one of them in exchange for that DVD you were gonna give me and forgot; the one to unlock my DVD player.

I have noticed when I went back to the car. It was in my bag, seems none of us was thinking about it. I wanted to call you from the car but as you know the number you gave me wasn't working! Okay we have a deal!

Stroopwaffels can be obtained from Schiphol if you want some...?

They are from Gilde and they call them Siroopwaffelen. I don't like them very much since the amount of "Siroop" is pretty low and the waffels are very dry! I always buy them from a bakery in Zaandam. My sister orders them for me when she knows I am coming, she needs to order 1 week before since I never take less than 20 x 6 :)

Archived