Just another sad argument for gun control

It really is a fine line one walks about guns and people. Or any way to kill some one.

There people that know right from wrong and we take responsebilty for our actions. True.

Then you have ones that say I heard voices, I had a bad upbringing or just plain mean people mad at the world or certain people. So

I'll just go and shot him or her and my problem is solved.. Wrong answer

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know there is not a simple answer,

So for most people that means do nothing :(

This is a long term problem, but most if not all of the polititions do not have the balls to talk about resticting guns.

Hey I am old enough to know this is not going to happen anytime soon

OC

[color:red]"Can't you see that giving people the right to bear arms means giving every lunatic the right to bear arms. If there was a complete ban, the chances of these things happening would be less."[/color]

These deaths did occur even though virtually all, if not all schools have a ban on carrying weapons on to the campus. It is the lunatic that used the gun that killed the people, not the gun. If it was the gun, then send the gun to prison for life.

I believe everybody should have the right to defend themselves. I believe those that were murdered should have had that right. Making it illegal to protect oneself is the same as making one look like a 'sitting duck' at a carnival show.

Why should criminals, police and the military be the only ones who should bear arms?

I believe everybody should have the right to defend themselves. I believe those that were murdered should have had that right. Making it illegal to protect oneself is the same as making one look like a 'sitting duck' at a carnival show.

Why should criminals, police and the military be the only ones who should bear arms?

That's an old argument and suggests that everybody acts responsibly. Kinda like the Wild West (before Wyatt Earp).

Most Swiss are armed or its at least mandated I believe by the government since they have a citizen army. So, I'm assuming they have a high gun per capita rate. What is the crime rate in Switzerland anyhow?

NYC and DC have strict gun laws but high crime rates. There are counties in Texas with concealed weapon laws and from what I understand (I'm assuming) have low gun crime rates. There are counties where I Alabama where I went to school where just about every house has a gun and I've seen more than my share of shot gun racks in the back of trucks (with the requisite confederate flag..lol) as well but low crime in that area.

I know of a few english folks who talk about the rising crime rates in parts of london and other locales but there is ban on guns. Banning guns won't make you safe.

Also, in the U.S. banning guns is akin to banning alcohol. It simply won't work. Culturally its part of us, all you'll do is give organized crime a new revenue stream.

Lets say we ban guns, how do you stop them from coming in the country?

Gun control realy does not work. Lok at this case, "No WEAPONS allowed on the campus" and what happened, one person violated that law and killed a whole lot of people. The people murdered should have had the right to protect themselves. They didn't. Did gun control save these people? Hell No. The one thing that could have saved some of them if they could defend themselves. That right was taken away from them in the name of freedom.

[color:red]"Banning guns won't make you safe."[/color]

About the best point I have heard on this argument.

Have people ever wonered why nut cases do not go into police stations and start shooting people? Because the nut case knows they will get their asses shot off. Not so at a school where you can stand and shoot people without worry of repercussions.

I hate than comparison with Switzerland that always comes up. The Swiss are a peace-loving people and their guns are to do with their civilian militia history.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1566715.stm

America is still stuck with the Wild West mentality and a lot of people who just plain love guns for their own sake. But even in the Old west there were restrictions about bearing arms. Cowboys thought they should be allowed to ride into town armed and get drunk. Law abiding citizens paid the marshal to stop them.

I think there's really two separate issues here. One is criminals. They should be allowed to shoot each other I think. I'll even pay for the bullets.

The school shooters are a different problem altogether. They are nuts who manage to get hold of weapons....very easy in America. Short of metal detectors and more security on campus there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about them. Suggesting college students be allowed to carry guns sounds like stone-age thinking to me.

The comparison with Switzerland is relevant.

Also, Tim McVeigh killed far more people with out guns. The guy was determined. If he didn't have a gun he'd have found other means.

Its unfair to label all of America the wild west. There are numerous parts of America that have little or no crime rate, and probably have rates of crime comparable to areas of countries like England that has no guns.

Archived