Just another sad argument for gun control

I think you'll find it's pretty difficult to buy an AK47 in Switzerland and not many people who want them. In America there are people who think it's OK to use them for hunting. That's the difference.

I didn't mean to say that everybody in America has a Wild West mentality but there are plenty who do. I don't mean they go round shooting up saloons but they sure do love their firearms. I lived in Okhlahoma for 2 years (and I owned a gun there). The folks in the next trailer used to periodically shoot holes in the roof. All in good fun of course.

I think there will always be the McVeighs and the school shooters...people who can't control their rage. They exist in every country but I don't think easy access to guns helps.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for restrictions on AK47s, I think that the pro gun people are a little too militant about not banning any kind of guns. There has to be a middle ground. The gun lobby is strong and they are at fault for the lacks background checks. I think there are other areas that has to be addressed for instance, due to doctor/client privelege a psychologist can not have a patient put on the banned list like criminals are. If you're deemed mentally unstable you should be restricted from gun ownership.

Reconfigured guns to make them more powerful is also a no no in my book.

My Father made me take a hunters safety course before I could even use it. Bad people will find whatever they think they need or want to try and kill with. Just my opinion

Not every father is as responsible as yours!

I understand that everybody has the right to defend his premises. If only particular people would get a gun you might don't even need a gun to defend yourself! I dunno when there was the last armed robbery in Germany, must be a while ago! They simply don't give nut cases a gun here! In Germany you gotta learn how to use a weapon and you got to pass a test. Makes sense to me! A gun is a death bringing "device", good idea that everyone can have them..... not!

please tell me an easy way that a "bad" person can kill 30 people in a short time without a gun :(

bow and arrow ?

OC

I seem to recall the guys at columbine not being of leagal age to buy guns, yet knew where and how to get them...also had the money...they ALSO made bombs out of large propane containers, these were/are capable of killing several in a blast.

Bottom line is, if someone else had a gun, they could have defended them self, and the others...instead, people had to die. The other fact are, in the 37+states where people are allowed to carry guns, the crime rate went down, and people are not just shooting each other in stupid drunken arguments...where as, in the places with the tightest gun laws, the opposite is true...so go figure...

As to thiose who hate guns...would you feel better if this guy made a bomb(s) and killed people? what difference does the method make? you will never stop a nut job, unless of course you have the tools to stop him the second he starts.

yeah I feel so safe around LA with all the punk gangbangers having access to guns ' date='

Sorry Steve but you have to start someday getting rid of them , why not start now ?

OC![/quote']

Let's get rid of the gangbangers...put a bounty on 'em !

HH

The punk gang bangers would not be so quick to pull this shit if they thought the ordinary citizens might open fire on them when they start their shit...they feel powerful, because they know most people fear the law more than they fear being a crime victim...

Archived