Just another sad argument for gun control

"Last I checked, you cannot buy full automatic weapons hand grenades L.A.W.s rockets etc in a gun shop, or steal them from a home. Yet many gangs and separtist groups have been caught with them."

Machine guns can still be purchased/owned in some states. These guns, rarely, if ever, end up in the hands of the criminals.

I suspect a lot of the guns that criminals get that are fully automatic were semi-automatic when purchased but converted over later to be full automatics. In some cases, some are stolen. I know of one military base were weapons would not be stolen, just there parts. Enough parts to assemble several automatic guns.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The day after all the gangbangers, muggers and home invaders, as well as the drug dealers, addicts and smugglers, give up their firearms, I'll give up mine.

Evel

:devil:

Sure...if I lived in certain parts of the US I might feel the same way. But what does it have to do with random school shootings, angry postal workers etc.?

>then they truly are sitting ducks. <

A Virgina Tech Twice A Day Everyday

Two Virginia Techs. Every day. In a country with less than a tenth the population of the U.S. Not only do we not comprehend or assimilate that horror. Some among us actually call it progress.

here is something I just found on BBC...

Police said Cho Seung-hui was a South Korean living legally in the US.

It is reported that he had lived in the US from a young age.

Nevertheless, South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun "was shocked beyond description", and sent "deep condolences" to the victims, their families and the American people, his office said in a statement.

Police did not suggest a motive for the attack. ......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6563565.stm

Many of you guys have argued that this guy would've been able to get his hands on a gun even if guns were outlawed/not so readily available.

I'm not sure about elsewhere, but I'd guess that a foreigner with residency, if he went looking for a couple of hand guns and a shit load of ammunition to do something like this in Dublin, would have one hell of a hard time getting his hands on them.

In fact, I don't know where he'd start. He'd probably have to go into one of the shittiest pubs in one of the most dangerous parts of the city... and approach some hard looking scumbag cunts, who don't like Asians, and who would probably simply beat the living shit out of the guy or knife him before he's have a chance to finish his first sentence.

In fact the chances of these guys even having a gun are pretty damn slim.

In Dublin, you'd have to put yourself into great danger just to get near a handgun. Then you'd probably pay about 400 dollars to rent the fucking thing and have to return it after the deed.

I can't imagine a depressed loner going through all that shit and then coming out the other side with a gun. He'd shit his pants and probably get killed.

In the US on the other hand, he simply walked into a store, spent maybe 300-400 bucks on his weapons, (you can pick up a HI-PT 9C 9MM CMP 3.5" 8RD POLY FC for $118 and a box of 20 CorBon Jacketed Hollow Point slugs for $12.95), spent a month plucking up the courage.. and then went on the rampage.

I dunno... I suppose now that the genie is out of the bottle and every nut job in the country is armed to the teeth, maybe everyone should carry a gun to protect themselves.

Archived