Just another sad argument for gun control

What amazes me about these discussions are the pros and cons and that there is obviously such a fascination about weapons! That really seems to be a matter of where you come from. You own a gun in Germany you are considered a jerk or a psychopath!

That's excactly what I've been thinking when reading these posts. In Finland there is quite a lot of guns globally measured per capita but most of them are in the countryside and used for hunting and you need to pass strict controls to get a licence for a shotgun. I don't know anybody who owns a handgun in a city except criminals or some absolute jerks. I've been trained to use a rifle in the army like most Finns but there simply isn't that kind of fascination to guns that people would actually want buy one home.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, enough hype about all this...why don't we ever discuss the people killed in Iraq the same way? I mean no offense to these kids or their families, but everyday more people die in Iraq, and we just pass over it with a light sigh, if that...I think part of that attitude plays a role in all of this...

It isn't shocking anymore OH. We're getting used to it.

Here's another candidate...

CU sophomore Max Karson was arrested after making several comments during a morning class in the journalism school that some classmates perceived as a direct, physical threat, according to Cmdr. Brad Wiesley of the CU Police Department.

Karson has been suspended from CU, according to his father, Michael Karson. CU-Boulder spokesman Bronson Hilliard could not confirm the suspension, citing privacy laws.

â??He made comments along the lines that he could understand how somebody could be angry enough to kill 32 people,â? Wiesley said. â??He said that there were things about CU, the fact that the classroom walls were unpainted, the lighting in the classroom, were all things that were making him mad enough to do something.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/articles/2007/04/17/news/c_u_and_boulder/news5.txt

The guy is probably just trying to get a job in talk radio but who knows?

b]"OK, enough hype about all this...why don't we ever discuss the people killed in Iraq the same way? I mean no offense to these kids or their families, but everyday more people die in Iraq, and we just pass over it with a light sigh, if that...I think part of that attitude plays a role in all of this... "[/b]

You make a good point Old Hippie. This point just shows us how out of balance we really are.

ut as of Wednesday, the whereabouts of his parents could not be verified as rumors of their attempted suicide spread in Korea.

Los Angeles-based Radio Korea reported Wednesday morning that Cho's parents attempted suicide, according to neighbors.

Cho's father reportedly slashed his wrist after learning of his son's alleged killings at around 1 p.m. Tuesday, Seoul time.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-chosparents,0,4860937.story?coll=ktla-news-2

OK, enough hype about all this...why don't we ever discuss the people killed in Iraq the same way? I mean no offense to these kids or their families, but everyday more people die in Iraq, and we just pass over it with a light sigh, if that...I think part of that attitude plays a role in all of this...

Yes OH but they deserve it. They aren't lucky enough to live in the west. They're from the ME. Doesn't rate. Same as many African countries.

Agree with you 100%

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200704/s1900896.htm

Archived