Just another sad argument for gun control

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[color:blue]

"Flashermac Said:It is still going to leave the gangbangers and such armed with their Uzis etc. And as long as the bad guys are armed, it is going to be very difficult to persuade ordinary folks that they don't need their handguns.

[/color]

and Suadam replied:

Flash, you must agree...it will not be easy, but you need to break the circle somewhere."

[/color]

5 5 5 5 5

Were I live,

gun stores do not get robbed.

Stores that might have guns, hardly ever get robbed.

Stores that publish that they will not intervene when a robbery takes place and prohibit employees from having guns, get robbed all the time.

Suadam, under your proposal, if the law abiding citizens turn in there guns, do you think robberies will go up or do you honestly believe they will go down?

Each day for info comes out and it appears the problem was in reporting to the State and the Feds this guy was a nut case. It appears he met the criteria but each State has a slightly different definition of what is a nut case and the method they report it. It appears this area has to be improved.

Why should society bear the burden of proving that this guy was too crazy to own a gun?

Seems like it would make a lot more sense for the burden of proof to be on the individual, or an expert, to determine who is sane enough to handle a hand gun responsibly.

We all agree that there are reasonable limits on the first amendment, so why can't we agree that there are reasonable limits on the second amendment too?

Regards,

SD

IMHO gun ownership should be banned outright. No one needs a gun. Ever!

The self defence argument is just rubbish.

Simple logic, if you arm yourself with a weapon or have access to such, there's a chance you might one day use it. I used to work with violent offenders, who usually carried knives...what was the first thing they reached for when trouble brewed?

The UK has always banned guns, gun related crime, though increasing now, is still relatively rare. I'd never seen a gun until i left the UK (France being the first place i saw one). I was disturbed by it....i continue to be so.

Suadam, under your proposal, if the law abiding citizens turn in there guns, do you think robberies will go up or do you honestly believe they will go down?

I think if its an automatuic 5 years for the gun offence they would NOT use a gun to get $100--$200

OC

I cannot see an outright ban in the US, ever. Stricter control maybe. The US will never be like Europe or the UK in respect to guns. Guns are too much a part of the national psyche. Many people love guns for the power and beauty of them but it mainly comes down to a right to self-defence. I can't see that ever changing.

Agree with what u way. Further, anybody who believes the gang-bangers and dopers are going to turn in their pieces is just plain naieve. Only the law-abidding population would think of doing so. I'm law-abidding, but wouldn't dream of handing in my S&W .357.

HH (proud member of the NRA) :grin:

I agree with your statement fully [color:red]"Further, anybody who believes the gang-bangers and dopers are going to turn in their pieces is just plain naieve."[/color]

It is hard to believe that some people actually believe that if all weapons were made illegal, there would be no robberies, no wars, no terrorst attacks, etc. It makes you wonder what part of reality they accually reside in.

Archived