Just another sad argument for gun control

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The killings at Virginia Tech are tragic, but when you look at it in a different light, it was pathetic that 22 or more people were slaughtered because their right to protect themselves was taken away from them. If they had the right to bear arms, there is the possibility that none of the students wuld have been killed except for maybe the initial gun man.

A gun by itself is useless, but coupled with a person who is aiming and firing the loaded gun is when it becomes a volatile weapon.

Why should only the criminals, police and military have weapons?

Are you saying everybody who wants to should be walking around armed? I don't think even Charlton Heston goes that far. What next? Gunfights in the mall? Duelling? Sword fights?

This will seem callous but its part of the risk of a free society. You have free speech and some it will say hateful speech. You give freedom of the press and you'll have Fox News, you give freedom or religion and you'll have scientologists.

Its a tragedy. The guy could have bought a ton of fertilizer and set off a bomb just as easily and killed more people. People like that are determined to kill many people and no amount of gun control would have stopped him.

Teddy, I take it you live where there is a complete ban on all guns?? Give me about 1 hour in your country and I just about bet I can get a gun or bomb in your area and I don't even know where you live. All gun control does is take it underground and supports the black market..

Ok, I live in Dubai, so you've got 1 hour, but better it takes you 1 hour than 5 minutes like it would in the US

Guest lazyphil

Lets ban cars too--in the wrong hands of drunks kill hundreds yearly :crazy: --if I were a yank i'd be armed to the hilt, so many bad guys have em' and will never give them up, using colourful language in the event of a home invasion wont help protect your family!!

Archived