Just another sad argument for gun control

Were I live, it takes about 5 minutes to get cleared to buy a handgun. I am confident that the buyers who get cleared by the Feds and the State are 'up to good'.

Five minutes. THAT'S a very small part of the problem. Let's think about this. Hmmmmmm. Obviously Mr Cho was up to "good"... :doah:

:doah: :doah: :doah: :doah: :doah:

Dude, you need to think before you post bovine digestive waste.

Regards,

SD

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is the NRA lobby. They see any infringement as a first step for a ban. Personally I think the present laws needs to be enforced as well as restrictions on certain things like assault weapons, better screening, perhaps some sort of compromise on the doctor/patient privelege when a patient is diagnosed as dangerous to himself and/or others.

Actually, the recommended weapon for home defence is an old fashioned double barrel shotgun with the hammers outside. One barrel should be loaded with a tear gas charge, the second with buckshot.

This gives you a choice of reactions. If the intruder seems mildly threatening, you use the tear gas. But if he is armed and aggressive, you have the buckshot to stop him. Also, staring down the barrels of a 12 gauge shotgun gives someone a bit of thought. Too many people simply buy a pistol, not ever having fired one before.

Actually, the recommended weapon for home defence is an old fashioned double barrel shotgun with the hammers outside. One barrel should be loaded with a tear gas charge, the second with buckshot.

This gives you a choice of reactions. If the intruder seems mildly threatening, you use the tear gas. But if he is armed and aggressive, you have the buckshot to stop him. Also, staring down the barrels of a 12 gauge shotgun gives someone a bit of thought. Too many people simply buy a pistol, not ever having fired one before.

And being a "radical anti-gun" guy, that is a formula/compromise with which I could easily live. Shall we campaign for it?

Cheers,

SD

Once again we see the same pattern. This was true of the previous student gunmen too. The damned kids turn these misfits into monsters by their taunts etc. Time for some high school teachers to start slapping the crap out of high school bullies. But of course that isn't allowed. :(

"Long before he killed 32 people in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history, Cho Seung-Hui was bullied by fellow high school students who mocked his shyness and the strange way he talked, former classmates said."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776

It is still going to leave the gangbangers and such armed with their Uzis etc. And as long as the bad guys are armed, it is going to be very difficult to persuade ordinary folks that they don't need their handguns.

Flash, you must agree...it will not be easy, but you need to break the circle somewhere.

Cheers,

SD

"Long before he killed 32 people in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history, Cho Seung-Hui was bullied by fellow high school students who mocked his shyness and the strange way he talked, former classmates said."

Sound like High School. Or Nanapong with Noozy speaking about me...

Ya don't see me going out and wacking a bar full of idiot punters, do ya?

Cheers,

SD

Archived