Just another sad argument for gun control

Will we (meaning Yanks) ever learn? Easy access to guns allows people to do shit in the heat of passion that they would not be able to do with any other weapon. What a waste.

Regards,

SD

+++++++++++

(Twenty two persons as of 1230 EDT were) ...killed and several were wounded in shootings on the Virginia Tech university campus in Blacksburg on Monday, The Associated Press and the university reported.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it have to be a referundum on gun control? Also, what about the constitution? Its a tragic event.

This gun control topic has been on this site before. Usually those from countries that have always banned guns (most everyone on here) are for gun control and some Americans (and a few others) against. I'll go on record that I am against a ban on all guns but want the present laws enforced. Until 2/3 of Congress, the president and 3/4 of all the governors sign off it as stated by the constitution, then its legal. In some areas of Texas there are concealed weapon laws that work well. I went to school in the deep south where 16 year olds routinely got a .22 rifle as a rite of passage in small towns. NYC and DC have strong gun laws but are still violent. Banning guns will make it like alcohol in the 1920s, you'll create a black market. We can't stop people and drugs from coming accross the borders, we'll just be adding one more thing. At least having it legal gives us some way of tracking people and guns and bullets. There are at least a few hundred million guns in circulation right now. Its too late to ban it completely anyway.

Lets see this for what it is, a tragic event. Had he ran a car into a crowd and killed 22 people, we wouldn't be on here talkign about banning cars.

yeah I feel so safe around LA with all the punk gangbangers having access to guns ,

Sorry Steve but you have to start someday getting rid of them , why not start now ?

OC

who got shot in the head with a BB gun from punk kids,

who also got knocked on the head with a gun when a fine gentleman came to my front door and tried to rob me , I grabbed the gun !

The killings at Virginia Tech are tragic, but when you look at it in a different light, it was pathetic that 22 or more people were slaughtered because their right to protect themselves was taken away from them. If they had the right to bear arms, there is the possibility that none of the students wuld have been killed except for maybe the initial gun man.

A gun by itself is useless, but coupled with a person who is aiming and firing the loaded gun is when it becomes a volatile weapon.

Why should only the criminals, police and military have weapons?

Gun Control. Hitting what you are aiming for...

I know bad pun. Sad what has happened at school..

I have had rifles and hand guns most of my life. When I got my first 22 rifle for christmas years ago. My Father made me take a hunters safety course before I could even use it. Bad people will find whatever they think they need or want to try and kill with. Just my opinion

I agree with you. Everybody should have a training course. And others should be able to have guns besides criminals, police and the military. If the public can not defend themselves, then they truly are sitting ducks.

Freedom does not mean being defenseless.

With attitudes like that these things will keep reocurring. Can't you see that giving people the right to bear arms means giving every lunatic the right to bear arms. If there was a complete ban, the chances of these things happening would be less.

Archived