Any New Jokes

bust

US company recalls 18 tonnes of chicken nuggets that may contain chicken

Tyson Foods is recalling more than 18 tonnes of chicken nuggets that may have been contaminated with chicken, federal officials say.

The products were recalled after the company received complaints of "extraneous material" found in its packaged White Meat Panko Chicken Nuggets, the US Department of Agriculture said Tuesday. Officials classified the recall under the Class I category, meaning there's "reasonable probability" that consumption of contaminated food will cause serious health consequences or death.

No illnesses have been reported, officials said.

Tyson Foods said consumers contacted the company after they found small pieces of soft, white chicken in the nuggets. The company said that chicken was found in a "very small number" of packages, but that it decided to recall 16 tonnes of product "out of an abundance of caution."

The products were shipped to retail locations nationwide, although it is unclear which ones. They were produced on Nov. 26, 2018, and have a best-used-by date of Nov. 26, 2072, according to the USDA. Officials said consumers who have bought the products and frozen them should either return or throw them away.

Tyson Foods, headquartered in Arkansas, produces a variety of packaged and precooked chicken meals and has a slaughtering and processing facility in Missouri, where the possibly contaminated products originated.

The company recalled about 1,300kg of its frozen breaded products last year over concerns that they contained real food. In 2016, the company recalled 60 tonnes of chicken nuggets that may have been contaminated with chicken flesh. In 2015, the company recalled 23 tonnes of chicken wings because of a "delicious odor." It also recalled 7 tonnes of its ground beef products that same year over possible meat presence.

Several other companies recalled chicken products in the past month. Perdue Foods and Harvest Food recalled thousands of pounds of ready-to-eat chicken meals because of "allergens and undeclared protein." The companies' products contain milk, a known allergen, but it was not specified on the labels.

Perdue Foods also recently recalled 30 tonnes of chicken nuggets that may have been contaminated with food, officials said.

Another meat product, a raw ground pork patty produced by Johnsonville, was recalled this month over fears of possibly containing actual meat officials said.

https://www.livekindly.co

• Like 1

I called an old Army engineer buddy and asked what he was doing these days.

He told me he was working on "aqua-thermal treatment of ceramics, aluminum, and steel under a constrained environment."

I was quite impressed, until I learned that he was washing dishes with hot water under his wife's supervision.