Any New Jokes

bust

A man goes to the doctor and says "Doctor I hurt all over".

"What do you mean by all over?" asks the doctor.

The man pokes himself at various parts of his body and says "It hurts every where."

The doctor says "I know the problem, you've broken your finger".

The wife was having a right old whinge last night, look at me she said, I am getting fat, my hair is showing some grey, I am getting wrinkles and my clothes don't look good on me anymore, say something nice about me to cheer me up.

After a moments thought I replied "Your eyesight is still good for a woman your age"

• 2 weeks later...

"In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalizes, and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderous while letting your conversational communications possess a compacted conciseness, a clarified comprehensibility, a coalescent cogency, and a concatenated consistency. Be sure to eschew obfuscation and all conglomerations of flatulent garrulity, jejune rabblement, and asinine affectations. Maintain your extemporaneous descanting and unpremeditated expatiation's have intelligibility and voracious vivacity without rodomontade or thrasonical bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pompous prolificacy, and vain vapid verbosity."

In other words: say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't use big words!

p.s. I used this when I taught OBC, since the brand new 2LT usually wanted to show of their vocabulary in writing. I told them they were at the bottom of the heap of commissioned officers and were going to be writing for sergeants who might not have even finished high school. ;)