Barber Shops

Speaking of which.Does anyone know where to get a good quality haircut in Bangkok.

I got a great haircut i Udon,on my last trip.

No extras.Just a haircut.

See you in Sept.

I got a regular haircut in barber shop on Soi within few blocks of NEP. I would guess it was around Soi 6 or 8.

Good haircut. Pretty cheap (I may have paid 300 Baht). The place had two barber girls, both in very nice little peach colored, mini-skirted "barber suits", and both quite sexy.

I got no hint that anything further was available, but would definitely have been interested. While I was there, there was also a big black American guy getting haircut and his wife getting pedicure/manicure.

No back room that I could tell and the place had glass windowed front so all walking by could see anything that was going on.

Can't believe I'm sitting here typing details of a trip to barber!!

Originally posted by elef:

"A barber shop is a place to have hair cut, sing karaoke in a separate room and have ST for 200 in massage rooms."

A few years ago, the Singapore police raided the Golden Mile Complex, a Thai shopping centre, which mostly caters to workers from Isaan. On the upper floors there were more than a dozen barber shops with all the usual services. Old habits die hard ...

An update....

Last night I walked by and, surprise, there are two of these barber shops now roughly around the Soi 5 Sukhumvit area (as noted previously). They both ARE barber shops. One, which goes by the name of AUGUST, also advertises foot massage.

I was with a friend that was in a hurry to make it to a rest room (hahaha, first day in BKK, and he gets the trots!) so I could not do any in-depth investigating. However, I am happy to report the ladies in August were wearing royal blue mini-dresses/uniforms, while the other spot opted for the yellow variety.

Yes, I did identify a number of long-haired stunning vixens in the group. One struck a particularly inviting pose in the front of the shop as she was, well, just spread out all over the place, if you get my drift. Quite an advertisement for the place.

But, again, I cannot confirm any services other than haircuts and foot massages - I did note several of them taking place. Still, I did see that secret area in the back, so.......

AUGUST---

But, again, I cannot confirm any services other than haircuts and foot massages - I did note several of them taking place. Still, I did

Let me assure everyone, August is pretty straight. The owner is a Fin with his Thai wife that not only own August but Monica's Beer Bar in the front of Clinton Plaza. Nice, nice ppl !! The girls are surely looking for husbands (3 in the last yr have married farangs) and now they all are on the look out. But there is no hanky-panky in the back. They are all sweethearts and I have been to b'party's with them, karoke clubs and to the occasional movie with a couple of them on their off day. Even attended a wedding of one of them to a farang up in Udon. Good marriage material if your in the market. smile.gif" border="0

I know I shouldn't be (we are talking Bangkok after all) but am I the only one surprised you can get "serviced" at the airport???

Any other venues out there? Airside perhaps if you're flight is delayed???

I've had haircuts at a couple of the places around Soi 7 on Sukumvit.

The first was at one of the places where all of the girls ware the same cute outfit. As someone else mentioned I had also been by it many times and always smiled at the girls.

I went in one afternoon for a hair cut. While I was there I saw and heard others talking about the other services offered (barber shop services). So I inquired and they gave me a menu. I also ordered some tea to relax while deciding on the choices. I finally decided to try my first facial and also a manicure. The facial was interesting and an experience not to be missed. I could have done without the manicure, as she was merciless in trimming my fingernails very, very short. I showed her the length I wanted, but she ignored me. I told her more than once that she was cutting them too short. She just made a clawing action on my arm indicating I wasn't going to accidentally scratch someone after she was done. Perhaps she was protecting the BGs from getting injured in a sensitive place? Anyway, my fingertips hurt for a couple of days. No indication of sanuk services and I did ask.

The other place was also on Sukumvit around Soi 7. It was upstairs. The sign advertised haircut and massage. I was offered a massage, but was just interested in a haircut. The girl gave me a good haircut and I did let her give me a shoulder, neck and face massage. I don’t think the girls were as cute as in the shops at the street level.

Archived