Amazing Goals Showcase Thread

ChristianTroy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can think of 5 great goals in a certain match in Munich... :cool:

YouTube seems to have gone downhill for this sort of thing with people either mucking up quality or putting stupid music over it so I won't post that one.

Two great England moments that still make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up:

1. Beckham against Greece, 93rd minute. You have to score this free kick for a place in the World Cup. And you let your country down in the last one by getting sent off. How much pressure is that? Yet he comes up with this: :shocked:

2. 18 year-old Michael Owen (18 :shocked: ) puts England ahead (ahead :shocked: ) in a World Cup 98 knockout match against Argentina with a wonder goal.

Those are great goals scored in a world context, under great pressure.

To be honest, I think your Werder Bremen clip lacks any meaning and is a bit crap. Xabi Alonso scored 2 different goals from behind the halfway line in 2006 that were about as good/bad. Beckham's half-way goal against Wimbledon 96 was much better because, in that case, the goaly was actually back in his goal! http://youtube.com/watch?v=RC8xwQ6G2RQ

Messi's goal was good but, again, it was in a (meaningless) Spanish cup semi-final against Getafe. Compared to Maradona's, against England, in a World Cup quarter-final, it's nothing.

Bergkamp against Newcastle is a good call though because it was such an entirely new piece of skill. It took me about 5 watches on a replay before I could even start to work out how he did it. :shocked:

Archived