Ghost Town

Sarisin

Last night I had a rare opportunity to hit a few spots. I usually never get out during the week due to two jobs I have. However, I had a friend in town that gave me the old 'I have never been to a gogo bar line, please take me.' So I did.

Actually, I went to four places. Biergarten on Soi7, Fantasia, Rainbow I, and Titty Twister.

Gentlemen, these places were like the ghost towns of the Old West. Oh, there were plenty of cute, available women, but virtually no male customers. Now, I know this has you guys back in the boonies drooling and saying, ah, just shut up and enjoy, Sarisin.

Really, in Fantasia, I counted 42 dancers and waitresses and 5 male customers (yes, I looked like a dork taking a count). In fact, attendance was so bad there they canceled the World's Famous Show, much to the disappointment of my friend. In Rainbow, I didn't bother with a count, but we were instantly swarmed upon entering. In Titty Twister at one point (about 11PM) we were the only male customers. You could have fired a salvo from the main battery of the USS New Jersey and not touched a male punter in BG7.

So, here's my question for the bar rats out there who regularly hit the bars during the week. Is this normal? Yes, it was a Tuesday night, but the bars were loaded with ladies, so you would think they might draw some customers. Yes, it is the low season here, but I don't see much of a dropoff in the number of ladies available in the BKK bars.

Honestly, it was kinda fun visiting these bars when you receive so much attention as the only game in town. If it is like this during the week as opposed to the weekends, maybe a little behavior modification is in order. But, I was wondering if maybe it was just an off night or something.

Do you think the bars are more quiet during the week? Is Bangkok a 7 day a week party place, or are the bars only jammed on Friday and Saturday?

Last night was a bit slow, even for a Tuesday. Hollywood Strip, Hollywood Rock,G-Spot and Rainbow II are probably the busiest. Been spending some time at White House in Clinton Plaza and that is starting to get a crowd, plus the women are might friendly and not pushy.

Thanks for that tip nepfan. I usually skip the Candy Store and White House in favor of the big three in CEP (Dollhouse, Hollywood East, and Rock Hard). I am always interested in hearing comments about the places that are small and often ignored.

Speaking of Rock Hard, tonight is the monthly free pigout. I haven't been to one in a few months, but the ones I went to were a great feed. I would go tonight, but a total of six hours (and counting) in the dentist's chair this week has made me less interested in eating massive quantities of food.

Dear Sarisin:

Back in the real world, went to the local TFIG's tonight, but just not the same even though they had the huge Long Island Ice Tea's, no Jip's.

I enjoyed going out Sunday through Wed's night, not very crowded in the bars. Got lots of attention that you miss on Fri and Sat when so many people are out. Playschool was much more fun during the week, with a better lineup, verses a Friday night.

Cheers

Dan smile.gif" border="0

Sarisin,

Embarrassed to say I haven't tried Rock Hard. I'll give that a try. What times the free food? I'm not real welcome in Candy Store since I had to make a big scene to get a couple girls their final pay a few months ago. Hollywood East is run by a friend, but I always find it kind of sterile and the girls aloof....not at all swayed by my dashing good looks. Yeah, Dollhouse has some nice girls, why don't I go there more? The bar beers also seem to be picking up lately, also.

quote:

Originally posted by nepfan:

Sarisin,

Embarrassed to say I haven't tried Rock Hard. I'll give that a try. What times the free food? I'm not real welcome in Candy Store since I had to make a big scene to get a couple girls their final pay a few months ago. Hollywood East is run by a friend, but I always find it kind of sterile and the girls aloof....not at all swayed by my dashing good looks. Yeah, Dollhouse has some nice girls, why don't I go there more? The bar beers also seem to be picking up lately, also.

nepfan, the last time I chowed down at Rock Hard on the free grub it was around 8PM. They had some outstanding roast beef, chicken, and Thai food. As for the ladies in that bar, there are some decent looking ones. I posted before about the number of blonde dancers in the bar. I do like the music in Rock Hard.

I am surprised by your comments on Hollywood East as I find the ladies there normally pretty wired and in the mood for some fun.

I am curious as to which beer bars you might be referring to. When it is nasty hot, I prefer the gogos. I will go to the bier garten on soi 7, but I don't think that really qualifies as a beer bar.

I think the amazing thing about going out in this town is how one guy might have a great experience in a bar and fall in love with the place, while another guy goes in the same bar (maybe at a different time) and thinks it sucks. Of course, the many available spots make it even more fun, but I always have eager ears for others' opinions on the places they are going to and enjoying. Thank you for yours.

quote:

Originally posted by Bigboy:

Back in the real world, went to the local TFIG's tonight, but just not the same even though they had the huge Long Island Ice Tea's, no Jip's.

I enjoyed going out Sunday through Wed's night, not very crowded in the bars. Got lots of attention that you miss on Fri and Sat when so many people are out. Playschool was much more fun during the week, with a better lineup, verses a Friday night.

Cheers

Dan
smile.gif" border="0

And, I bet your countdown until your next visit has already begun...

I should have taken your advice and seen the dentist you saw. I have been to the dentist close to where I live twice now for a total of six hours (going yet again tonight) and he is a joke. More concerned with selling me crap like Water Pics and teeth bleaching kits, than fixing my tooth pain.

Thanks for your comments on the bars during the week. I really enjoyed being out this rare weeknight. Now, if I could only ditch my job....

I was talking about the bar beers entering Clinton Plaza. Think I'll spend a little more time and check them out.

You're right about different opinions on bars. Of course if everybody liked the same thing then I guess there would just be on big "Mother of all GoGo Bars" and wouldn't that be a drag? Interesting fantasy, but a drag.

Dentist? Baumrungrat Dental is good but if you want cheap and no frills there is a very good and very inexpensive dentist in the middle of Soi Cowboy. No waiting required. If you don't speak Thai take a Thai Speaker as his English is limited to "Ohpehn" and "Clothes".

Good work, fast service and he never heard of a water pic. He did a cosmetic crown that perfectly matched my other yellow fangs for 4,000 Baht. Looked a lot better than my "$800 crown from the US.

I don't think it is even a question of different peolpe holding different views of a bar/a-go-go.

I can go into one place have a great time and then the next night be back again and wonder what ever I saw in it on the previous occasion.

Therefore I like to spread myself around somewhat.In general I prefer the bar beers but that does not stop me going into the a-gogos as well.

What works for me is a combination of variants. My mood, the general atmosphere of the bar, the music,how crowded the place is and of course the "quality" and mood of the ladies in general and the attention I receive in particular.

This could change from hour to hour never mind from night to night.

In CEP I find the bar beers to be a little empty, but no doubt I will follow up on Nepfans observations this weekend.

Candy Store and Rock Hard I visit seldom, for no particular reason.

White House often dissapoints.I have been in there when I have almost been the only customer and felt thet the girls present

were not particularly to my liking. It seems I should revisit

Dollhouse is usually ok -

At Hollywood East I usually sit outside and enjoy the comings and goings

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: phiketpete ]

Archived