mukdahan- BKK things to see and do

jack_schist

Gents,

A business associate and myself are planning a trip from Mukdahan to BKK via Buriram, Surin and Korat. I was thought having a look at the Phimai temples etc would be interesting. we have about 2-3 days to play with. Any suggestions you guys have regarding things to see, places to stay and modes of transportation or even links to good sites with Info would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers

jack S.

Mukdaharn, weekend market by the river is just o.k. There is now I believe a bridge to Savanakett Lao, which is worth a look. Also, some temples in nearby Nakhon Phanom, and also a Catholic shrine "Our Lady of the Maryters of Thailand...interesting and worth a look.

Somewhere, I posted pictures of Prassart Hin Pimai and Wat Ban Rai...also, The ruins in Si saket, and Buri Ram. All are very beaitiful. In Si Saket, is a temple made out of beer bottles, forget the name...

thanks OH, we will be entering Thailand via road and the new bridge from the interior of Lao, which should be fun. I am definately keen to have a look at the Phimai temples for a bit of khmer culture. I hadn't even thought of nahkon phanom. beer bottle temples now thats something i want to see.

Archived