RCA?

My friends TG has recommended Me to go to RCA on my next trip to Los (3.Aug). She says it's a Disco. Is it same same Angels? Is it "Sanuk friendly". crazy.gif" border="0

RCA or Royal City Avenue is a whole street full of discos, partly with open-air seating, attracting a very young and sexily-clad (the women) set. The music is mostly techno and so bloody loud that you'll get a splitting headache after half an hour.

Some of the girls there are on the game, but as a non-Thai speaking (I assume) Westerner you probably won't get anywhere.

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

Theodorx,

If you are over 24 years old, then you will not like RCA. Farangs, and those beyond college age, are not welcome. Don't bother. Ear-splitting, xenophobic and devoid of character. That's how I would describe it.

I have to say I really liked RCA (I am 27). Went three times, with my girlfriend and alone. First of all, if you stay outside, the music is not so loud, and secondly it depends on the disco. Some are better in this repsect. Thirdly, I cannot confirm that farangs are not like in there. Even when I was with my girlfriend, I had a lot of girls smiling at me and when alone I had no problems in talking and meeting girls, usually all university students. But I do agree that there is a fair amount of student prostitution going on (was also covered in the Thai press) but it is directed towards young Thai males. However, I do not quite agree on the language barrier. Even though it is a real plus, if you do speak a little Thai, it is by no means necessary as I found a lot of girls that do speak decent English. Remember they are usually not your stupid farm girl, rather well educated and mostly with well off parents. All in all: try it and see for yourself. But I would probably go with a friend on the first try. In any event, if you are into meeting "regular" girls who can carry a conversation in English and if you like to dance (and you look resonably you and good looking) - then this is a place for you. But don't expect to get her in bed on the first night, unless she is the into student sex for money thing.

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: lazy_go_crazy ]

I haven't been to RCA, but it sounds a lot like Tony's in Pattaya. Both visits were with girl friends. The first was quite nice as they had a good live band. We stayed and danced for a couple of hours. The second time was terrible. They had really loud disco music and the place was packed with people buying 150B beers while the walking street and gogos were deserted. Go figure?

Archived