What are you listening to this week?

junglesoup

Thought we could start a thread about new music that your listening to or have bought each week...

This is what I been listening to this week...not necessarily new music but just stuff i ve discovered or rediscovered...

downloaded this album from 1996.

Artist: A Forest Mighty Black

Album : Mellowdramatic

I think this is really good pumped up on a good sound system.

Consists of very nice melodies, samples, deep base,and nice beats. A laid back trip hop album with nice keyboard sounds.

my rating: 4/5.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, Year Zero. Haven't heard it yet, but I believe they launched a strange internet web promotion campaign, involving frightening news stories from the future..

From Wikipedia.org

On February 12, 2007, fans found that a new Nine Inch Nails tour T-shirt contained highlighted letters that spell out the words "I am trying to believe."[11] It was discovered that iamtryingtobelieve.com was registered as a website, and soon several related websites were found in the IP range, all describing a dystopian vision of the world fifteen years in the future.[12] Many events reported on these websites take place in the year "0000." Digit Online later reported that 42 Entertainment had created these websites to promote Year Zero.[13] Rolling Stone described the fan involvement in this promotion as the "marketing team's dream."[14] Trent Reznor has however stated, "The term 'marketing' sure is a frustrating one for me at the moment. What you are now starting to experience IS 'year zero'. It's not some kind of gimmick to get you to buy a record - it IS the art form... and we're just getting started. Hope you enjoy the ride."[10]

Fidel,

if you like John Frusciante you may like a band called Mars Volta. There is some connection between the two of them.

Alholk, just downloaded Mahavishnu Orchestra. I like it. pretty choatic, jazz/guitar based with very long songs. Got it off itunes for 5dollars.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently listening to unbaffled motorbikes blatting up and down my Soi and the honk honk of the sticky rice man's horn.

However before the week's out I'll be hearing the word ,"Back of the queue racist." as muslims push infront of me in every line in Britain.

Cheers

Archived