What are you listening to this week?

junglesoup

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've only heard The Will to Death so far, and I love it. Looking forward to hearing some of his other stuff.. but doesn't seem to be easyto find in this part of the world..

You can get his albums at http://www.johnfrusciante.com

There are a ton of demos/acoustic sets available for download for free.

Raw and unpolished which is part of the reason I enjoy them so much.

As far as the albums for purchase, I'd say that Inside of Emptiness is the best of the lot. Once again, these albums were recorded in less than 1 month each and there is little to no post production.

Chisel, The Best of

518XR8T0CKL._AA240_.jpg

This is one of my all time fav rock bands. You don't get much more passionate than Jimmy Barnes.

Breakfast at Sweethearts, Choir Girl, Goodbye (Astrid Goodbye), When the War Is Over, Khe Sanh some of my favourite tracks.

Neil Young compilation is on the CD player now.

Neil rocks big time!

Agree with this. My favourite artist of all time. He takes me through all the emotions this guy.

Second that, or should it be third?

I've been a fan of Shakey's since his days in Buffalo Springfield. I've got nearly all of his stuff including BS, CSN&Y stuff, countless videos and many bootlegs and I was also a member of his Broken Arrow fan club in my younger days.

It is difficult to pick a favourite album by this guy because they are all so different. Which one would you take on a desert island? I suppose I would choose Decade but that would be cheating as it is a compilation.

However it is easy to rule a few out such as Reactor, Landing on Water, Hawkes & Doves, Old Ways and Everybody's Rockin. I had bought all of these album's in the hope that Neil was turning the corner but they really are feckin awful.

This is one of my all time fav rock bands. You don't get much more passionate than Jimmy Barnes.

Breakfast at Sweethearts, Choir Girl, Goodbye (Astrid Goodbye), When the War Is Over, Khe Sanh some of my favourite tracks.

Hmmm... Khe Sanh. An Australian icon.

A song whereby, when it comes on at the pub about 2 in the morning, you put your arm around your mate (same sex) and say:

"Maaaate.... I'm not gay or nothin'.... but fuck I love you!"

Then you sing the song as loud as you can into your VB stubby or schooner glass.

Then vomit in the back of the cab on the way home.

Ahhh... Love Oz! :)

Outkast right now, got 3 of thier albums and an 'easy listening' comp of their songs, the latter being great muzak!

These guys are really creative and come up with some good tunes.

Anybody seen their movie BTW?

What is thier movie called?

Have seen some of thier tracks on Foxtel, Channel V, the one about speading you legs so we can make sandwiches was spun out. Thier music is pretty cool, allways mean to d/l some outkast, never do though.

Listning to you am I right now!

FA.....

Archived