Times are changing?

HeartThais

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you tried to tell them your money was worth 20% less so you needed to pay them less....

Well they could just as easy say that the baht you give them buys 20% less in BKK now , it may not be 20% but things are more money in BKK now....

I really think that all the Euro zone punters should stay home :), then the BGs would have to take our smaller payments :)

its all the Euros fault !

as you know America is never at fault :) :) :)

OC

And they know what kind of money some of us make too. Years ago a lot of them didn't have a clue.

Try explaining the exchange rate to them when they've never left the country or had to change money. Think they'll understand how our money buys about 20% less than it did from around the start of the year?

They know what's going on. They know what kind of money guys are making in Iraq. Also they go to the movies....so they see us driving around in SUVs from one restaurant to another. Bad exchange rate? Take more money out of the ATM. Can't pay the barfine? Fuck off.

Hey, there's more pussy wasted everynight than could keep you busy for years. There's a difference between being "capable" of paying outragous barfines and "fares" (after all, it's only a ride) and being "willing" to do so. I pay between 1500 and 2000 LT, having payed 2000 maybe twice. And that's for go-go meat. With the devaluation of the US $, unlikely I'll feel pressured to pay more. :grin:

HH

If you had heaps of cash - millionaire status, say - and you came to LOS for mongering, and you were going to pay some girl 2000 in the morning and she wanted 3000, wouldn't you probably just shrug your shoulders and do it?

I don't think your average cashed-up guy with heaps of dough is going to argue with a bird over 1000 baht in order to be considerate to the guys who come here with budgets and limited funds and to try and keep the prices down for them.

Archived