Times are changing?

HeartThais

I wonder what me paying 1500 LT is doing to the guys who are getting it for free. Surely, their girls will start insisting on something more than a few 20-baht lady drinks? :grin:

HH

No you have it wrong ,

the girls who were accepting the 1500 baht will hear from the freebie girls that accepting money is wrong ,

Maybe they will start paying your taxi money :)

OC

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure Hugh but you're a cool dude.

Not only "cool", but sexy too. In fact, I'm too sexy for my shirt, and my hat, and New York, and Milan, and Japan. I'm a model, ya know what I mean? I could care less about sick buffalo. :grin: Now, ample tits are another story.

HH

I am not sure if your Demographic facts are correct. The prostitution rate is higher than ever!

The more tourists come the higher the prices!!! A pretty BG doesn't have to worry to make her cut at the end of the month, therefore she quotes higher rates well knowing one guy will be insecure enough to pay it and if she doesn't succeed with her plan she can still go with a man for an appropriate rate at the end of the night or goes home alone and overcharges a fella the next night. At the end of the month she is doing her cut.

What makes me mad are those guys who doesn't understand that it is us customers who set the rates! I had countless arguments on this board for settling the price upfront. Common answer is "I don't want to have problems in the morning" WTF? If everybody would just pay 1000 baht for LT then this would be all they would get no matter what the BGs expectations are. A market is settled by the amount of money the customer is willing to pay. The truth is that the most guys are insecure and want the girls to like them, therefore they rather pay too much to be recognized as a good man. There are too many guys paying too much and of course the girls rather take an insecure over payer instead of a confident guy that pays the appropriate rate! The more tourists come, the more newbies come, the more insecure people come! A tourist is here to have fun and he brought a decent amount of money and most likely doesn't care to pay 1k more than he should! The early closing times puts more pressure on the guys as well, they have less time to find a beauty to share the night with, the girls are doing less money in drinks and the bars doing less money as well, somehow they will need to compensate that, therefore the drinks prices will increase due to increasing costs, the barfine will increase and the girl will ask for more because it is a huge difference to have 40 to 60 hours less a month to generate lady drinks!

I wonder if the prices are reaching the critical threshold of sustainability. Exchange rate going down, prices of things going up. It's knocking at the door of $100 USD for a piece of action. That doesn't make sense in a country where most are earning $1/hour doing anything else. And $4 for a beer in a bar meanwhile you can buy it by the gallon for less than that at the 7/11.

Is it working? Bars seem pretty empty year over year and I think the two are related.

I wonder if the prices are reaching the critical threshold of sustainability. Exchange rate going down, prices of things going up. It's knocking at the door of $100 USD for a piece of action. That doesn't make sense in a country where most are earning $1/hour doing anything else. And $4 for a beer in a bar meanwhile you can buy it by the gallon for less than that at the 7/11.

That's what I don't get...

Bangkok is definitely way quieter than it used to be... I mean, Playskool and Susie Wong used to be packed every night. Now there's 8 - 10 punters sitting in the joint, just to use an easy example that I know about.

So many girls I know in Bangkok are complaining that there's very few customers these days.

And BG logic says that, when the market DROPS, the prices go UP??? WTF??? :confused:

Is it working? Bars seem pretty empty year over year and I think the two are related.

Archived