Nightmare airlines

Fidel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know from experience that costs have been a factor in my airline selection. Last month I took Etihad back to the UK as it was Bt29k all in versus Thai at around Bt45k. Others were around the same price as Thai. I could have shaved a few thousand off going with worse I suppose.

I think there comes a bottom level which is well known now with the internet and these are to be avoided. Binman etc. would all fall into this category.

You can easily check connections, wait times, history etc. with very little effort. Even Air Asia gets some stick here in LOS because it does not have back up planes (or not enough) and knock on delays can make late evening flights very late.

A quick look at this week's Pattaya Mail shows the following to Europe

Etihad - 23k

Emirates - 25.5k

Lufthansa - 39k

Singapore - 37k

Thai - 33.5-38k

On this basis, Emirates will work out cheapest as taxes from Dubai are much less than in Abu Dhabi.

I have not counted Binman at 13k one way !

http://www.pattayamail.com/massictravel/index.shtml

You're in Abu Dhabi for about 45 minutes on the way out before you go to the gate (all of 10 metres) and on the way back, you have about an hour, there is free internet to occupy the time.

Never had time to even pop for a beer or whatever.

Business class seats looked very slim and not well organised. Food was great in economy. I would definately use them again, even if their price was nearer to Thai.

Archived