Nightmare airlines

Fidel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While my last Biman experience dates 4 years back, I have to take up the cudgels for them :smirk:

I shelled out an additional 7000 Baht (!) for Business class on FRA-BKK and - despite the stopover in Dhaka - have to say it was a much more relaxing experience than any full-booked economy flight with a "premium" airline (cheaper, too).

Keep in mind, people tend to be very verbal about bad experiences but rarely speak up if things were ok. (OK..I admit that Biman's economy class is possibly quite rough...)

Anyway, Aeroflot and China Southern get my "worst" vote...

Biman Bangladesh is one of the most famous 'worst airlines' out there. I'm sure you can find some airlines in Africa that will give them a run for their money, I just don't know their names.

Air Angola :(

I had a whole year of flying (and I use the word flying loosely) with these muppets.

Biman Bangladesh is one of the most famous 'worst airlines' out there. I'm sure you can find some airlines in Africa that will give them a run for their money' date=' I just don't know their names.[/quote']

Air Angola :(

I had a whole year of flying (and I use the word flying loosely) with these muppets.

Kenya Airlines at the moment. That was a shocking (and surprising) crash.

Apparently when they were pulling bodies out of the swamp they were disintegrating in their hands. Yuk. What a job. :p

I flew Ethiopian from BKK to HKG and return a couple of years back.

Weren't actually as bad as I thought they would be/. Fine for a 2 hour flight.

Wouldn't want to do any longer.

Aircraft was old 767, but inflight service was very friendly, and some very sexy and smiley Ethiopian lovelies dolling out the trays!

Last year got the company to book my ticket from Luanda Angola to Bangkok with Ethiopian Airlines. At the time it sounded like a good idea. One stop over in Addis Abada (or whatever the fuck it is) then onto Bangkok 17 hour total time.

So sitting in Luanda Airport which is fucking shit and no anouncements. Finally get aloud to go back through customs to desk and they have cancelled flight till 2 days time. :(

Not allowed back into Luanda because of visa, so frantically ringing company to get me on any flight.

The problem with Luanda is that most of the airlines do not do electronic tickets from here.

So after a few hundred dollars paid out I managed to get on a flight to Paris, then to Frankfurt and then onto Bangkok.

Total travel time 54 hours.

Found out later that Ethiopian Airlines cancel frequently and have that ever so pleasing Africian attitude "so what"

I have flown Turkish Airways in Turkey, not out of the Country. They were somewhat on time (typical of most)and the plane was not too old, etc.

The seating was very poor though, very cramped. Food was poor at best but still they served you.

It should not be as bad as your post. Thanks for that; it helps us get through flights on United.

Archived