Thai Word For "SPONSOR"

MooNoi

I'd say �ู�ส�ั�ส�ุ� (Phoo Sanap-sanun = sponsor) or �าย�ุ� / �ู�ล��ุ� (naai thun / Phoo Long Thun = investor :) )

Or perhaps something with ��ิ��ริ�า� (bori-jak = donation, though mostly this is used for donating money to make merit in a religious context, which is rarely considered funny. :)

So overal I'm not sure if they'd get the joke though.

So I think I'd more go along the lines of "Been to the Western Union office lately?" ? :)

Sa-ponsor? :)I find that quite a few thais are familiar with this expression.

Otherwise I`d go with Pu Sanap Sanun as well, mainly because I makes me recall the sexy voice coming from the loudspeakers at the bkk airport: sanap sanun doy saai gaan bin thaaaaai...

Pbaa Khong Ee Noo = sugar daddy.

cheers

hn

bpaa® khawng® ee noo® - - - this is probably the closest term to "sugar daddy" Not sure if this is Isaan dialect or more widely understood.

sa(l)-bpawn-ser(f) - - - is widely used and widely understood but also has other usages, such as a sponsor for an overseas visa.

faen liang(h) - - - this term is so simple and descriptive that anyone should understand it, but I don't hear it too often.

thang® khaao(f) saan® - - - this is a humorous but well understood slang term for someone who provides the sole support for someone else, literally, "rice barrel"

dtok(l) thang® khaao(f) saan® - - - literally: fall into the rice barrel, slang meaning: to hit the jackpot

there are several other terms for support, none of which sound right in this context, such as:

sa(l)-nap(l)-sa(l)-nun®

Anyone know what it is??

i.e. If you wanted to ask a girl if they had someone sending them money each month, what would you call him in Thai??? Is there a word for it?

Or some sort of slang for "sugar daddy?"

I would say "Khon song sia" ��ส���สีย

Khon = person

Song = send

Sia = lose (eg. sia® high®Ã Â¹?สียหาย

Together it means a person who send someone money to spend.

Song sia is also the common word to discribe parents who support their chidren (education, daily expenses, etc). eg Por Mare song sia luk luk. à¸?à¹?อà¹Âมà¹?สà¹?à¸?à¹?สียลูà¸Âà¹?

Sponsor is a well-understood word too. She would understand what you mean immediately.

Archived