Thai Word For "SPONSOR"

MooNoi

bpaa® khawng® ee noo® - - - this is probably the closest term to "sugar daddy" Not sure if this is Isaan dialect or more widely understood.

��อ�อ�อีห�ู is neitherIsaan dialect nor widely understood. I can't think of the right word right now, may it is another word with no Thai equivalent????

sa(l)-bpawn-ser(f) - - - is widely used and widely understood but also has other usages, such as a sponsor for an overseas visa.

I think so. But the content in this case she will understand it immediately.

faen liang(h) - - - this term is so simple and descriptive that anyone should understand it, but I don't hear it too often.

Good choice of word. You don't hear it too often because it is too direct, esp the word Faen ! She might not accept that she has a Faen, :D

dtok(l) thang® khaao(f) saan® - - - literally: fall into the rice barrel, slang meaning: to hit the jackpot

à¸?à¸Âà¸?ัà¸?à¸?à¹?าวสาร is mostly used to discribe a man who is married to a rich woman than vice versa.

there are several other terms for support, none of which sound right in this context, such as:

sa(l)-nap(l)-sa(l)-nun®

Agreed.

��อ�อ�อีห�ู is neitherIsaan dialect nor widely understood

Both Lucky and I were referring to ��า�อ�อีห�ู not ��อ. But still I agree, not widely understood really.

hn

<<>>

<<<��อ�อ�อีห�ู is neitherIsaan dialect nor widely understood>>>

à¸?à¹?า bpaa®, not à¸?à¹?อ phaw(f) is correct.

Once a bargirl sat down on my lap and started begging for a lady drink. I said to her:

mai(f) chai(f) bpaa® khawng® ee noo®

and she immediately jumped off my lap and said we could just be friends.

Hi,

"is it ok to use " e " before a name or when refering to someone."

No, I would strongly recommend against that. It is considered very rude to address a woman with 'ee ...'

You will want to refrain from using 'ay ...' with men as well.

Sanuk!

Archived