Queen's Birthday Blues

Sarisin

August 12 is HM the Queen's Birthday in Thailand. Monday August 13 it will be celebrated and many businesses will be closed. The girl I barfined out of Midnite Saturday told me she would be taking off next Saturday and heading to Surin. She said Soi Cowboy would definitely be closed Sunday night and maybe Monday as well. I have heard the same will be true for NEP as well. Of course, Patpong will likely be open for business as usual.

Anyone else hear anything on this? I certainly think with the current climate in Bangkok on bar early closures, the owners won't be messing around with staying open when they should be closed.

By the way, I paid a visit to Midnite last night and I echo the words of Stickman and others who have labeled it as one of the best gogo bars around. What a fun group of dancers they have in that place! Towards the end of the evening while my barfinee and I were trying to wait out the rain deluge outside, the DJ started playing mostly Thai pop and Isaan music. The ladies loved it. One spent her time on stage lip-synching with complete choreography China Doll hits using that wooden dick every bar has as her microphone.

I am going to Nong Kai for the weekend, leaving Friday arvo with the DarLek.

We is house hunting!

I forgot about the Queens birthday and had planned to come back Sunday night, I might make that Monday instead.

Or maybe we should Barfine a heap of girls, buy a heap of bear and go to Blackies for our own Party! - Hey Blackie you still have that short time room in your flat!!!

JB

Jimmey

yes, still the cheapest ST room in BKK laugh.gif" border="0

Anyone who needs a drink on Sat arvo (11th) should contact me as we are having a small get together at 1300 on Sat arvo, same place,

The Usual Suspects..... Soi 26, Newbies to BKK are welcome... laugh.gif" border="0

blackie: 01 741 2211

BTW, You forgot to send yr email address for that search...

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Blackie ]

Archived