Who seriously wants to date a BKK GTG?

WorldFun

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One because she used to work in a hotel at the front desk' date=' the other because she had gone to school in Canada.[/quote']

So why is that funny? Do you think all TGs are on the game? Or the OP is just a rube?

Cheers,

SD

So why is that funny? Do you think all TGs are on the game? Or the OP is just a rube?

He was specifically talking about bargirls.

And if I were to specify further why it's so funny, I guess it's so funny when people don't see the firm inter-class walls in Thai society, and that it's highly unlikely that a bargirl studied in Canada (other than by marriage to sponsor) or even worked at a hotel front desk (requires college degree). Being oblivious to those same class walls is also why it's hilarious when a well-meaning customer takes his bargirl to Emporium, and it's an uncomfortable situation for everyone but him.

In situations like that, do you ruin someone's fantasy?

Everybody funny (now you funny too).

Being oblivious to those same class walls is also why it's hilarious when a well-meaning customer takes his bargirl to Emporium, and it's an uncomfortable situation for everyone but him.

I've taken several bargirls to the The Emporium and never noticed any discomfort on their part while I was buying them shit. I might have had some. I didn't offer to take them there either, they asked me to. I've known bargirls on Soi 33 who used to work there, so it's not like unknown territory to them, and it's only across the street.

Edit: I do get your point though. Ask me about BTS rides sometime. :doah:

Whenever a young Thai women is seen in public with an older Farang man it is automatically ASSumed that she is on the game.

I had my first dates with a GTG on my last trip; other than not getting sex from her at the end of the night :( there was not much difference in going to dinner and hanging out. :dunno:

And if I were to specify further why it's so funny' date=' I guess it's so funny when people don't see the firm inter-class walls in Thai society, and that it's highly unlikely that a bargirl studied in Canada (other than by marriage to sponsor) or even worked at a hotel front desk (requires college degree). Being oblivious to those same class walls is also why it's hilarious when a well-meaning customer takes his bargirl to Emporium, and it's an uncomfortable situation for everyone but him.

Everybody funny (now you funny too).[/quote']

My bad, you're right re: he was talking about bargirls.

However, you are generalizing and referring to just the farang scene girls. Some of the MP girls indeed fit this description. As have a couple of farang scene girls, where I was shocked to see them at work as I knew them outside of work first. But yes, rare situation.

Cheers,

SD

Indeed there are some "class walls" in Thailand but I met quite a few (of course not the majority) of bargirls who were:

First: University educated (we retrieved her transcripts at the said university)

Second: Real university student

Third: Girl employed at emporium

When I was there the BKK nightlife:

- Gogo/beers bars: Mostly farm girls

- Soi 33/G clubs: You could find some educated girls who are not out of the farm

Prostitutes are fun to be with but dangerous when, they are educated ones...

However, you are generalizing and referring to just the farang scene girls. Some of the MP girls indeed fit this description. As have a couple of farang scene girls, where I was shocked to see them at work as I knew them outside of work first.

Even in the case of MP girls having a real daytime job, there is often more to the story -- i.e., how she got or keeps that job making it not too different from her other profession.

First: University educated (we retrieved her transcripts at the said university)

Second: Real university student

Ramkamhaeng or one of the Technics, sure. If you've seen the curricula at those places -- it's like junior high in the non-yellow-shirted world (well, maybe with a bit less independent thinking than junior high). And no one at those schools is from anything other than very humble origins, nor will they break out of that stratum (unless they win the big white lottery).

Third: Girl employed at emporium

Must be hiso -- especially if she doesn't just work there, but is employed!

- Gogo/beers bars: Mostly farm girls

- Soi 33/G clubs: You could find some educated girls who are not out of the farm

Fucking old farangs is a shit job, and anyone who does it doesn't have many other options in life. Those "educated girls" are pretty much at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder (where, by the way, most Thai people are, so no shame in that). Same goes for many of those "office girls" you guys are into, but that's a whole nuther story.

And if I were to specify further why it's so funny' date=' I guess it's so funny when people don't see the firm inter-class walls in Thai society, and that it's highly unlikely that a bargirl studied in Canada (other than by marriage to sponsor) or even worked at a hotel front desk (requires college degree). Being oblivious to those same class walls is also why it's hilarious when a well-meaning customer takes his bargirl to Emporium, and it's an uncomfortable situation for everyone but him.

Everybody funny (now you funny too).[/quote']

My bad, you're right re: he was talking about bargirls.

However, you are generalizing and referring to just the farang scene girls. Some of the MP girls indeed fit this description. As have a couple of farang scene girls, where I was shocked to see them at work as I knew them outside of work first. But yes, rare situation.

Cheers,

SD

........Being oblivious to those same class walls is also why it's hilarious when a well-meaning customer takes his bargirl to Emporium, and it's an uncomfortable situation for everyone but him.[color:red] Disagree totally...In a "past life" I was well acquainted with a BG who was 100% at home in Emporium... with or without walking ATM!!!![/color]

...Ruining someone's "Fantasy' is sometimes very difficult indeed....as often (for their own reasons) people pretend to believe their own "PR" and "their" perception becomes "their" reality..."My" girl has never worked in a Bar.....LOL...Yeah right.... :rotl::rotl::rotl:

Not my position to judge them on this...just pisses me that people..."Deceive themselves"....thinking that they are deceiving others.....555555

Think it boils down to Ego's.... some people just can't handle the fact that half the world's fucked their "GF".....Fuck knows I tried for nearly 3 years.....and have always been honest about "the situation"....but until now....maybe not honest about how it "really" affected....ME

I guess...at the end of the day....If you can't be honst with yourself.....what's the point of trying to BS everyone else??????

Cheers (Not so) DC

Archived