The (dis)Grace Hotel Coffee Shop??

Well....thought I'd finally better check this place out after hearing about it often and being within stone-throwing distance from it on the odd night now...

Last night was the time. Thermae closed promptly at 2.05am and it really is amazing how fast this place empties now. Very efficient.

Anyway, I took the lazy stroll down to the Grace after a lazy beer with some girls on soi 13.

Firstly, I'd never known that the girls have to pay to enter this place. This must be 1 point to us!.... 40 baht entry for girls and guys are free. Girls there were, and guys a-plenty also. Perhaps 50 of each. But I was one of about only 3 farang or so amongst it in there. Not much else to see, lights are too bright (in that case, there really is too much to see that you could do without!!). Plenty of those PJ Gown wearing muslims smiling and being jolly and generally having a good time on what must be considered their turf. A smaller contingent of African muslims were there, looking very dark in the darker corners of the place. As for the girls though, I'm sorry to report that they really left something to be desired. But this is obviously 'the scene' for some of these withered dragons that most farang wouldn't normally pay too much attention to. These girls though also seemed to be in their element here; singing and dancing at the juke box...

There were a few female stragglers on that I'd noticed in Thermae earlier, but the general makeup of the place was a fairly decrepit crowd of the large,old and ugly. What did amaze me though is that there were a number of quite not bad looking young arab lads in there that were dutifully working on some of these dragons. Just goes to show that there is something for everyone - girls and guys alike.

I stayed all of 20 minutes and now can rest my mind with the knowledge that I don't have to re-visit this place for quite some while, maybe never!.. laugh.gif" border="0

cheers,

Dan

=======================================

Originally posted by Dan:

".... I'd never known that the girls have to pay to enter this place. This must be 1 point to us!.... 40 baht entry for girls and guys are free."

Are you talking about the coffee shop or the large room/hall where they have the "group" playing?

I have been to the coffee shop with litle cuties in the past and they have never had to pay.

Fatbastard33

fatbastard,

I think I'm talking about the coffee shop.. I saw no 'group'..just a smallish lit version of thermae, and one of the girls showed me her ticket for 40 baht.. I asked her what for and she said 'kah khao tee nee' (entrance fee to here) maybe she was talking about the other place...where is it? I walked in on ground level from the carpark, through the entrance and only spotted this place which seemed to be where there was action. Actually I'd heard there was some kind of disco there somewhere...... is it upstairs ?

Originally posted by Dan:

"I think I'm talking about the coffee shop.... Actually I'd heard there was some kind of disco there somewhere...... is it upstairs ?"

As you walk in off the street you turn right in the reception and the coffee shop is about 60 feet on your left (with a couple of bowling lanes on your right!!). The disco is on the right past the bowling lanes and also past some snooker/pool tables.

Only been in the disco once and it was really rocking (to the sound of Middle East music) and it was still rocking when I left about 6 am (this was a couple of years ago).

Fatbastard33

ok......thanks you fatbastard.

I actually was in the vicintity last night and decided to poke my head in and have another look. The disco was very obviously there last night. I think it actually must have been closed the other night when I went at 3.30.... If not, I don't know how I missed it. It was pumping music last night and going off (middle-eastern style).. Anyway, my friend was also blown away by the amount of ugly ass in this place and especially the coffee shop. If you think the dreggs walk the streets you're wrong! I think they go in here to wither and die. Anyway, needless to say, I'm a bit graced out for a lifetime now.

cheers,

dan

===================================

Every once in a while, my buddies and I go to the Grace Coffee Shop just to observe the "freak show".

Oddly, I know a guy that flies all over the world First Class, is now on board the QE2 as we speak, and he stays at the Grace Hotel while in BKK and partakes nightly from the coffee shop!

Ranger

Archived