EARLY CLOSING PATPONG OH NO

keith doug

Every friday i read over here in england the bernard trink column in the bangkok post.

his latest article dated friday 10 august says bars are closing at 1230 middnight order of police surely this cant be true !! whatever nest 8pm may be !!does anyone know about this we may as well watch tv and go to bed agh!!!!

Correct, the bars have been closed earlier than usual. But that doesn't mean the end of having fun or going to bed/watching TV.

On Friday I was in SC and the bar I was in shut just after 1.00am but having got to know one of the 'hello, welcome' girls over a few visits it was easy to extend the drinking time by a couple of hours. We went to a bar close by with a live band still playing until the wee small hours. No bar fine, no hassles to buy drinks, no fees paid but alot of sanuk!

What ever else gets posted about some of the girls that work in the bar scene, it is still possible to find some that just want to have a good time and are not all hardened rip-off merchants supporting Thai husbands and drug dependant.

I haven't been inside Tilac for a while - sat outside for a few hours watching the entertainment stagger past and the girls rushing up to the end to get another 15THB shot of Thai Whiskey.

Been to another bar (with the same owner as Tilac) and had some good nights! One of these nights I might make it past the curtain of Tilac once again, but so many bars and so little time!

Hey Dapper, please get past the curtains and into Tilac. I was there last night and there were at least a dozen cuties strutting their stuff on stage. I really do like the attitudes of the dancers and staff in this bar too.

After Tilac, we headed down to Black and White (same owner) and that place was also good. I spoke to the owner who is a good friend of mine and she said now following the renovation of Shadow Bar (you gotta check that place out)they are starting to add more ladies to that bar as well. She also owns My Lady and Sam 2000. She prefers to keep Tilac the flagship bar of her 'empire' with the best lookers in it because of all the regular customers that bar has.

By the way, they were considering buying Suzie Wong, but the asking price was just too much.

Okay, okay.....no need to twist my arm on this one...I'll give Tilac a shot next time I'm out on the town.

I first hit SC in the early 90's and BW was my first bar fine....sigh....next trip it was Tilac....sigh again....since I have been working here I have rarely strayed from NEP. That is until I saw the 'light' again a month or so ago - the atmosphere seems to be so much better in SC than NEP. Or is it just because of the saying 'a change is as good as a rest'?

BTW Keith Doug, do yourself a favour and improve your reading material - try Stickman

(http://www.chopsticks.net/stickman/). 'A change is as good as a rest' again, or just far superior reading?

Archived