Grand Palace

stumpy

as you're staying in the nana area and obviously haven't figured out how to use a basic map or a simple guidebook, the following tips may well come in handy:

* no entering the grand palace when wearing the nana uniform (beer chang singlet, shorts and flipflops);

* no entering the GP when carrying bottles of booze;

* there are no go-go bars in the vicinity of the GP though you may find cheapo streetwalkers a few blocks away;

* when going on an expedition as far away from nana as the GP it pays to learn a few words of the local language (which is called thai). instead of asking for the GP, try asking for "wat phra keo";

* one feature of the GP is tall, sparkling spires. you'll spot them from a distance;

* try not to behave like you do at home (that is, in a nana go-go or bar-beer). don't climb up on the statues like it's a go-go stage. don't grope your rent-a-ying, at least not too obviously, like you would in a bar-beer.

as you can see, it can get really tricky when venturing further away from nana than soi cowboy or patpong. good luck!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as you're staying in the nana area and obviously haven't figured out how to use a basic map or a simple guidebook, the following tips may well come in handy:

I think your attitude is uncalled for. If Stumpy'd response was for you to fuck right off, he'd be quite in order.

an apology???

the OP asks: "Thanks, I have been to Saphan Taksin before. How much would a boat cost and how far is it from here? If I say Grand Palace to them will they understand?"

and: "Thanks, is it long on the boat and how far to palace when we get off?"

obviously, the OP has no interest in doing any "research" himself, so i pointed out some other aspects he may have overlooked.

Stumpy,

While there, take the river taxi across to Wat Arun, well worth it. AVOID the tourist trap high speed boats for 300+, the public taxi is maybe 2-3 bht? and takes 2 minutes to get across. I went around sundown, saw monks chanting, lighting lanterns, and got a lot of great pictures!

Also, I think covered in the admission to Grand Palace is admission to Vimonmek, the teak Palace of Rama V, well worth it! (the largest Teak structure in the world!).

Archived