Stoopid bar manager story, part 2573...

Where are some people's heads? :onfire: :banghead::nono:

So, there we were, at a Soi Cowboy small bar -- the venue name matters not to the story. There were about 10 of us, all well-known and very free spending expats. In less than two hours, we all had check-bins of B1500+, many lady drinks were flowing, much diddling was done and we were settled in to make an entire evening of it as we had not partied together for a while. And the venue was comfy and not busy. Only a few others wandered in and since our crowd had *all* the girls occupied, so they did not stay long.

Some punter comes in, speaks to the farang manager, and leaves. The manager starts yelling at the girls to go get changed because they were going to do a special show. We all say that we are fine and do not want a show. The manager says that 20-some guys are coming in and want a show.

We pretty much lost it. We all paid our bills and left, telling him why. I told him that "you're a idiot: those guys will come in for one drink and leave, spending less than what one of us has already spent, and we were just getting started -- you know that!" He tries to make nice by buying a round, but fuck, the great party we had going was killed as it was getting started. I gave the two gals there I am fond of B200 each for the lost income, told them why, and left.

We as a group still had a good night in other venues, but still. What a moron.

One of the girls later told me that we were right. Those guys came in, had one drink, made fools of themselves (including getting on stage), abused them, and bought zero lady drinks.

I will give the manager credit tho'. He later SMS'd an apology and told us we were right too. The cynic in me says that he was probably trying to get us to come back that night. A couple of guys did, because one left something in the bar. I did not.

Too bad that's one of the very few gogos I like anymore, cuz I'm gonna boycott it for a while. Or at least try to LOL!

Cheers,

SD -- better after venting, but knows it will change nothing

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you wanted your girls of choice to be glued to you for the rest of the night, you could have just paid barfines. I would not have had a problem with a girl getting up to do a little show and in fact probably would have welcomed it for the variety.

Maybe the part about it being explained it was done for the "20 joe blow walk ons" instead of putting a spin on it that it was for the veterans inside was where the manager kind of blew salvaging an opportunity for a win-win.

Not interested in BFing. Just partying. The girls get well treated those nights, usually getting at least a dozen drinks ands tips. They know it and they love it cuz they make money for having fun. The girls were pissed off at the manager guy too, some briefly refusing to go change into the show uniforms.

The shows there are boring. Rather have the diddling time. But just changing the mood abruptly was the bigger sin. If he handled it better maybe we would have stayed.

Basically, the guy blew it because he put the needs of 20 unknowns over the regular crowd there. And he lost about B20k in revenue (and some goodwill) off of us that night because of it. For a single wide bar with not many customers in the low season, that's worth 2-3 nights of receipts from the numbers I have seen. Som nam na.

As I said, stoopid. I'm a business owner, but I'm not in the bar biz, so what do I know...

Cheers,

SD

Guest lazyphil

i think guys who visit once a year need looking after as much as the regulars, whats the bar owner supposed to do, ignore the tourists? the steady stream of different tourists keep a bar going as much as any expat group who i'm sure have numerous regular watering holes i.e not loyal to just one bar?

<>

Why, what would you have said done that would have made a difference?

It was a business call and the owner made the wrong call. An sms being sent may indicate he felt he could or should have handled it better.

What would I have done that would have made a difference?

Chang, with ice....

(I like the line in your sig....what movie?)

Guest lazyphil

true romance....a must see movie!

you're a fucking star. You are a fucking star. And you are going to be playing your one-man show for the next two fucking years for a captive audience. And listen to this, you get out in a few years and meet some old lady, get married, and you'll be so understanding to your wife's needs because you'll know what it feels like to be a woman.

:shocked:

But just changing the mood abruptly was the bigger sin. If he handled it better maybe we would have stayed.

SD

BINGO!!! 100% right SD he should have let the stupid cunts come in show thier asses and also kept your crowd happy. Bar Management 101: Keep everybody happy!!!

WHOOF S1 :yeahthat:

Archived