Stoopid bar manager story, part 2573...

:yeahthat:

Instead, we were simply pushed aside. Fine, we all agreed that we know where we are not wanted and we left. No "leader of the pack" shit as several decided at the same time.

Philly, if that's whinging, then so be it, but it is not really your say here is it? (Tho' do not accuse me of censorship, cuz you can certainly say what you want.) This is really an expat issue involving trying to find a good local. What happened to us does not really affect tourists (hence why I posted it here). Same as I do not comment in your threads about local pubs in Blighty.

CT & Torre, if y'all have a group spending money like water, you certainly would do what you can top keep them happy, right? Especially in low season and in a bar that does not get much traffic?

BTW, the manager knows us all well and knows we spend. He has zero excuse.

As far as the incoming group, it was obvious they were one drink wonders to us, and no one in our group are publicans.

Whatever. Just posted this as a funny story and as an incredulous take on some people's biz skills. To me, this is just another place to cross off the list. I'm not really a gogo bar guy anymore anyway. Much better fun to be had on soi 33.

OH, I almost went to your hotel too, but I thought three guys would be too gay, so I stayed at Baccara fondling the big-titted midget...

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, unfortunate call. But then again, he suffered from lack of girls, not the first time there (Maybe because his best talent gets poached by the bigger bars in the group?).

I have come in there at times, all gals (except for the one butt ugly girl) tied up with a corner of regulars. and the butt ugly one was dancing, on her own.

i like the bar, but he must increase his numbers, and the ration cute vs notsocute.

Mind you, the notsocute get quite wild when BF'd, maybe because they only rarely do.

So he made a bad call, can happen to anyone, I wouldn't permanently boycot him for that reason.

But my guess is, neither will Tiger......

CT & Torre, if y'all have a group spending money like water, you certainly would do what you can top keep them happy, right? Especially in low season and in a bar that does not get much traffic?

BTW, the manager knows us all well and knows we spend. He has zero excuse.

Like I have said, I understand both sides which doesn't mean that would be the solution I had offered you! If he knows you he must know your reactions as well! He has to keep both parties happy, of course he wants the 20 guys come inside and of course he wants you people to stick around too! After all it is the expats that make a consistent income when all the tourist are at home!

I would have walked over to you guys and had found a solution together with you so I could cater both parties! In Germany there is a saying and I don't know if it makes sense in my free translation "Where's a will there is a way" I am sure if he had approached your in a reasonable way you would have found a way! Seems he is one of these cunts who doesn't appreciate his regulars anymore because he knows you will come back anyways! This sounds like thing a thai owner would do btw, don't know if he is thai or farang but I had something similar on New Years where the owner wanted me to pay 6000 baht barfine for each girl. I was his best customer for over a year and we wanted to see the fireworks and come back later! I told him he is an unthankful stupid and arrogant cunt and I will never set a foot in his bar again, I said there are 40 other bars who would die to have me as their best customer! He hugged me, apologized, told the girls to go for free with me and said a bottle of blue label is waiting for me when I decide to return!

A food feast is in the works for the near future.

Cheers!

If it's the NNB, I seem to recall a food feast there nightly.

Though the dude could've been a tad more smooth in letting the regs on to the situation ahead of time, I think he did show goodwill with a free round and a later sms apologizing. If guys want to rent the place out for the night, that's a different story. Otherwise...

HH

If you are not going to purchase the merchandise, it is available then is available and accessable to the next guy...The bottom line is to sell the BF...

Yes, the guy made a business decision even though it can and will be the wrong one financially. But you have to try..

A gogo is not same as a pub or a regular bar. Now if you would have rented the whole bar for a private function. Money talks and then you can make some rules...

You either fish or you cut bait. If you ain't going to catch anything, then you need to take your pole out of the water and watch others....

Isn't that how gogos work? One is either a player or an observer who watches other players. There is a large, silent group here the "pretend players" (the same ones who kill time walking around in expensive stores knowing full-well they ain't going to buy at those prices) who play with the girls knowing full-well what excuse they are thinking of/going to tell them why they are not taking them tonight....

CB

...The bottom line is to sell the BF...

That's not the way the biz model works IME. Any bar owner I talk to says that they would rather not have the girls barfined (i.e, they make more money when the girls are there). Makes sense if you think about it.

CT, Torre, any thought on this?

Cheers,

SD

I have never heard of paying bar and then she is asked to dance--the barfine is a release from duty at the bar for the night!

one time at Toy Bar they tried to get my barfined girl to do the show. when I made mild ripples in the water, (i did not make big waves) the moma san let her stay in my lap

they will try to get away with it, but punters who know the score should not tolorate it.

That's not the way the biz model works IME. Any bar owner I talk to says that they would rather not have the girls barfined (i.e' date=' they make more money when the girls are there). Makes sense if you think about it.

[/quote']

in the smaller cowboy bars, for sure.

in the larger nep bars (rainbows) not, i think.

That's not the way the biz model works IME. Any bar owner I talk to says that they would rather not have the girls barfined (i.e' date=' they make more money when the girls are there). Makes sense if you think about it.

CT, Torre, any thought on this?

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

It depends. Some bars (usually foreign-owned) sell booze, some bars (usually thai-owned) sell girls, a happy medium is always nice.

I happened to be there that evening and, blindly following SD, as we always do, left in a huff (or was it a minute and a huff?). Anyway, I'll note that that particular bar must get a significant amount of its income from this particular group, so it was pretty dumb of the owner to annoy them/us, which he's done before for the same reasons. If I were on the prowl I'd probably never go there if not for the presence of my pals as this bar is usually torpor exemplified. Irritating the core customers is bad strategy.

Archived