Stoopid bar manager story, part 2573...

:shakehead Suadam, Suadam... I can't believe an old hand like you didn't see the proper Asian face-saving solution. :shakehead

Which is:

You pretend to go along with it but four members of your group (preferably the fattest ones :) ) secretly change into the show costumes along with the girls.

Then, when the guys come in, you spring out and, while letting the girls do their stuff, your guys wiggle their fat old hairy butts on the stage like so many annoying first-time tourists. :D

Guys buy drinks yet are repulsed and leave quickly. Good for manager and you. Girls get laughs. You all reap benefits. :thumbup:

[color:gray]

(Btw: "big-titted midget"? :) Tell her to expect a visit from Mr Bibblies... :) )[/color]

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suadam: 'the venue name matters not to the story'

wow, an excellent way to keep the focus of the thread on what happened instead of where it happened. Certainly this thread would have disintegrated by now had you named the bar.

I agree that there was a different approach that the mgr/owner could have taken to try to make everyone happy.

A round of drinks seems like the easiest answer, maybe divide up the ladies to entertain the two groups, or hell....maybe have a really entertaining show that would have knocked everyones socks off.

Thats really the base problem. The bars aren't competing as much as they are just coasting alongside one another. Being resourceful just doesn't enter into the equation for most places.

That's not the way the biz model works IME. Any bar owner I talk to says that they would rather not have the girls barfined (i.e, they make more money when the girls are there). Makes sense if you think about it.

CT, Torre, any thought on this?

Cheers,

SD

Ideal would be the girls stay very long and get last minute bar fines! Bars with show girls don't let their birds fly before midnight or 1am (in PTY), it usually keeps the customer around too who wanted to bar fine her at 11pm, I don't like this but it has explained to me by experienced people that you gotta do it or otherwise you announce a show and gotta perform it yourself and at least in my case that is not a nice thing to see :)

That's not the way the biz model works IME. Any bar owner I talk to says that they would rather not have the girls barfined (i.e, they make more money when the girls are there). Makes sense if you think about it.

There is a 2nd answer to it!

In my opinion and I know not many bar owners agree with me and I am the n00b in the buiz... in my opinion you don't run a bar for the daily figures only, it is a long term project and if one enters my bar for the first time at 1am and I only have 4 girls left I have made great money in barfines this night but I have lost every customer who is coming in after 1am for good and if you ask me I rather have loads of customer enjoying their selves by making the same amount that closing the doors at 2am because my staff was barfined because the best customers are who doesn't bar fine, they come to watch the shows, talk to the girls and they sit for hours.

CT & Torre, if y'all have a group spending money like water, you certainly would do what you can top keep them happy, right? Especially in low season and in a bar that does not get much traffic?

BTW, the manager knows us all well and knows we spend. He has zero excuse.

As far as the incoming group, it was obvious they were one drink wonders to us, and no one in our group are publicans.

Sorry but whilst a good spend in a reasonable time, Bt1500 each in places which charge over Bt100 for a drink is not "spending money like water". Bell rings and multiples of is spending money like water.

You had not been together for a long time by your own admission and may not have been together in this particular establishment for far longer than that. How was the manager to know whether you were about to check bin anyway and leave, just as much as he had no real idea that the gang of 20 or so would only have one drink and be gone. Perhaps the gang of 20 left because the girls were not giving them any attention due to their serving you ?

So you picked a bar which, due to low season and the fact that it does not get much traffic, could not really justify employing loads of girls and then you decide to occupy most of them to the exclusion of other customers ?

"Zero excuse" ? Sorry, are you demanding special treatment ? It sure sounds like it. But you haven't been there together in ages. Perhaps you used to spend but not now etc.

If the managers acted now based upon assumptions based on ages old information the same people would be arguing that they were not aware of current trends and not taking note of the current situation.

No axe to grind but it sounds a bit like Joan Collins buying an economy ticket and expecting an upgrade to first class just because she was famous, not because she is famous.

That would be great...15000 in 90 minutes. But I think what he's getting at is this: how many nights is that likely to happen? Probably not often. You know how it goes. A couple of guys get a hair up the ass to try another bar and off the group goes. Happens a lot. Maybe not a group of 10 will all leave at once, but the "party" slowly breaks up and the guy is left with an empty bar.

HH

No worries mate. I'll be sure not to stop in your place since you do not seem to think B15k over 90 minutes is enough to be bothered with. Fair enough.

Hey if you guys wanna spend 15k in 90 minutes in my bar I buy you the best brownies in town, give you 3 bottles of whip cream which you are supposed to lick of the tits from the girls!

In theory Torrenova is completely right and has probably just over read that you and the owner know each other very well and that the owner is supposed to know that it is gonna be a long night and I am not sure I have read the 15k per 90 minutes before! 20 customers for a small low traffic bar is indeed an interesting opportunity and he can't miss out on that!

SD.... was it a Thai owner?

He is som nam na for acting like this, and I'm glad the cunt got about 2,000baht+ out of his 20 punters.

They were all 20 something kids with their girls from the UK out for a bachelor party. Hardly a good scene, as they looked at the girls like a freak show. No tips.

A boy with a chubby ass got on stage and danced in a thong. Grim.. and they were out in thirty or more minutes.

Luckily the bar owner made me a proper dinner recently, and served me bourbon you can't get round here in strong pours. Did a little to make me remember why I'm a patron of his slab of humanity called a bar.

For those curious he is not unclear about the fact me and some of the others who live hear prop up his bar, and keep it from being an "echo chamber" when the season is not high.

Just bad management, but sort of funny to watch the entropy of it..

Cheers,

thenumbers

Archived