Yank shoots Brit dead in Hua Hin

Fidel

From a poster on a Hua Hin message board:

"From what I understand, British guy was upset with American guy. British guy goes to Americans' house, storms in, threatens occupants, grabs Americans Thai wife and enters the bedroom the American had retreated to. American was armed with the Thai wifes' .22 rifle and used it."

Shields man murdered in Thailand

A FATHER-of-two from South Tyneside has been shot dead in Thailand.

Martin Connolly, a 52-year-old engineer from South Shields, is believed to have been killed in the coastal resort of Hua Hin while in the country on business.

An American man has been arrested in connection with the incident, which happened on Monday.

Mr Connolly's family are said to be too upset to comment at this time.

A spokesman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office said: "We can confirm a British National was killed on May 15 in Thailand.

"Police are investigating his death and his next of kin have been informed."

A spokesman for the US Department of State said today: "A consulate officer from the embassy in Bangkok has spoken with the American and offered appropriate consular assistance.

"The privacy

act precludes us from providing further information."

Hua Hin, which is about a three-hour bus ride south of Bangkok, has been one of Thailand's most popular resort for more than 70 years.

It was discovered in the early 1920s by King Rama VII as an ideal getaway from the bustle of Bangkok.

A tourist website describes it as a former "tranquil fishing village" popular with the Thai Royal family.

In 1928, King Rama VII built his Klai Kangwon (Far From Worries) Palace which remains an official royal residence.

It is still frequently used by members of the royal family and is open to the public for visits.

On Christmas Eve 2005 Sunderland man James Hall was killed during an attempted robbery in Thailand.

The 57-year-old's body was found near a bungalow on Chang Island's Sai Khao beach resort.

Nine British nationals have been murdered in Thailand since January 2005.

Source

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

if u enter my house without invite i've got a cricket bat at hand....willow on skull....same principle as an american and his gun...of course lotto ticket sellers etc dont just wonder in your house, do they?

<< Hua Hin, which is about a three-hour bus ride south of Bangkok, has been one of Thailand's most popular resort for more than 70 years.

It was discovered in the early 1920s by King Rama VII as an ideal getaway from the bustle of Bangkok.

A tourist website describes it as a former "tranquil fishing village" popular with the Thai Royal family.

In 1928, King Rama VII built his Klai Kangwon (Far From Worries) Palace which remains an official royal residence.

It is still frequently used by members of the royal family and is open to the public for visits. >>

Talk about padding a report when you don't know much. But at least they got they name of HM's palace right, unlike 99% of the effing guide books!

I have known Martin for over 16 years now, we worked together in Rayong at the Caltex (STAR) refinery in the early 90's and we spent most evenings in Don McAllisters bar in Baan Chang (McAllisters Bar and Grill)

When Oil n Gas work was thin on the ground in Thailand circa 1996 we were both together in Ras Tanura Saudi Arabia, and took R'n'R at same time back in Thailand.

The Jungle drums were beating this weekend, maybe due to the fact he was working in Abu Dahbi for the same MNC I work for, but initial reports named him as Martin Crossley.

Latest email from a HH expat

hey mate,

i dont know the guy that got shot, he was new to hua hin apparently,but

i know the guy who shot him very well, he lives avbout 500m from my

house.american guy who has thai wife , lives in house on about 10rai of

land, everyone in the village has had a run in with him and he is well

strange.we all know his wife also , she is well ugly and the story goes

that they were all pissed and the guy tried to touch the wife so the

yank goes gets old faithful and blow the english guy away....3 times, 2

in body one in head.

the yank was in jail for about 2 days has been released on bail for

500,000 baht and still has his passport. ....i know where i would be if

that was me.

ther was a few of them there apparently so they have witness to the

murder...lets see thai justice at work ,

:rip: Martin,

He may have been new to HH but he was an old hand in Thailand.

I'd shoot his ass as well if he did that to me and my wife. Stupid fuck. If he had a problem he should have called the cops to settle it. Who the hell does he think he is he can barge into someones home, threaten them, manhandle the guy's wife. I am sure there is much more to this story though. Reserve final judgement, but it sounds the guy did some very stupid shit and no wonder he got shot. Like LP I have a nice solid baseball bat right in the corner by the front door, just in case. But that won't help much against a gun would it. :smirk:

Cent

Archived