Miss X update...

Snowman71

People are ignorant. Yes I agree. I don't give a fuck about what anyone says. If I was in a position where I loved a prostitute; I would say the same. I would tell my family - there is no question.

I think it's fairly cowardly to shoot from the sidelines like some people appear to be doing (maybe their own family is unimportant not worth telling). I stand by what I said before. Be honest with the people closest to you. Anyone telling you the opposite is almost surely not your friend.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, you know your family better than I do of course, but I am speaking in general terms here. I seriously doubt most families would be happy to hear their daughter in law/mother of their grand kids had been a hooker. I also doubt this is something they would be happy to have their community know.

Agree, it makes no difference really what people think, but do you want other kids to know and harrass your kids with the truth? Thai women have a hard enough time fitting in and being accepted in many cases, why throw this into the mix? I just don't see where this would benifit anyone, especially since it really doesn't matter.

Example, I am an alcoholic...that is the simple truth of it. No sense lieing right? well guess again, I don't want my boss or work mates to know, as it could work against me at some point, people are judgemental and will use what ever to keep you/me/us down when it is to their advantage.

So yes, on one hand fuck the bastards, they have their own issues, but thern they may keep them quiet, yet use mine against me. Not right not fair I agree, but that is how it is...if it comes out some how, ok, that is one thing, but to just hand people the shit to use against you makes little sense...Guys I know who did reveal their wife's passed later regretted it all.

Yeah. I mean, once you spill the beans there's no turning back. Friends stop being friends all the time. Friends get drunk and say stupid shit. Friends tell stuff to their girlfriends/wives who turn out to be completely untrustworthy, gossipy bitches. And just because you get along with your friend doesn't mean your wife will get along with his wife. Women can be really mean to one another.

And don't for a second believe that once something like this gets out among your group of friends that it won't spread like wildfire. This is the age of email, my friend.

Ok, you know your family better than I do of course, but I am speaking in general you/me/us down when it is to their advantage.

So yes, on one hand fuck the bastards, they have their own issues, but thern they may keep them quiet, yet use mine against me. Not right not fair I agree, but that is how it is...if it comes out some how, ok, that is one thing, but to just hand people the shit to use against you makes little sense...Guys I know who did reveal their wife's passed later regretted it all.

I don't think any family would be happy about hearing that news. What I'm trying to say is that they could listen and maybe understand. Maybe then give better advise than you and I?

To all intents and purposes - I'm an alcoholic. I can't guess how many people know. I certainly wouldn't be happy for other people to really know. My family know all about it and it looks like I'm going to get my Commercial Pilots License sometime soon. What I'm trying to say is that I've gained their support, without which I'm fairly sure I'd just be a mess. I'm in a stronger position now than ever before.

I'm doing well; could really be a pillar of the community really. Except I am an alcoholic - an inveterate womanizer - a real bad bastard. No one would really know it - but I talk to my family about it (and now you).

Being honest with my family has helped me at least. Of course family is very variable.

Prostitution is a illegal profession in 99% of the world.

If you fell in love with a bank robber, would you take her home and say, Mum, Dad, here is Cindy-Lou, she's a bank robber but she's in love with me and seen the error of her ways. We're going to live together!

Err - yeah, sure!

ALSO IF you do love her, then surely your planning on a long term relationship.

I can imagine 10 years in the future, at the PTA meeting, voting on the best person, (your wife) when one of the skanks turns to another and says "Don't vote for her, she was a prostitute"

Nice one, how about if you do love her care about her future, sometimes hiding the past would be a sensible thing to do.

Prostitution is a illegal profession in 99% of the world.

If you fell in love with a bank robber, would you take her home and say, Mum, Dad, here is Cindy-Lou, she's a bank robber but she's in love with me and seen the error of her ways. We're going to live together!

Err - yeah, sure!

ALSO IF you do love her, then surely your planning on a long term relationship.

I can imagine 10 years in the future, at the PTA meeting, voting on the best person, (your wife) when one of the skanks turns to another and says "Don't vote for her, she was a prostitute"

Nice one, how about if you do love her care about her future, sometimes hiding the past would be a sensible thing to do.

I'm just saying that you tell someone close to you; not put a billboard up outside your house! Obviously don't tell someone you can't trust.

Anyhow to take your bank robber analogy - people can change. They may never run the local PTA for the reasons you suggest, but at least they can stop robbing banks.

Would you personally block a Thai woman that used to be a prostitute over 10 years ago from becoming a president of your PTA? I suggest you give this more than a moment of thought because it will tell you just how much of a hypocrite you are.

I'm just saying that you tell someone close to you; not put a billboard up outside your house! Obviously don't tell someone you can't trust.

Sandwich,

I see the point you're trying to make, but is it *really* going to make a difference to anything?

Sandwich,

I see the point you're trying to make, but is it *really* going to make a difference to anything?

MooNoi, - let me remind you that we are here trying to give advise to a 36 year old man that is apparently intent on marrying a woman with several children and from a less than savory background.

In that light - of course it makes all the difference. Either the OP has the strength of character to withstand the criticism from a close family/friend or he doesn't. Simple as that.

If he can't handle it - he should drop the whole idea cold - because it's what will be in store for him anyway. If he can, than all the better he told them in the first place and will make the entire situation better.

This whole topic has spurred me to think just how hypocritical a lot of it's members here are.

Fair enough.

The only sure thing I know of is: The more I read the RELATIONSHIPS thread, the more happy I am that I'm single!!

:beer::D :thumbup: :monkey:

That's the spirit!!!

Seriously though, I haven't cracked it - I don't think anyone here has, but I can tell you we want the same thing: An Asian Girlfriend / Wife.

Well that's what I want anyway. I can tell you I don't understand why it isn't what any sane Western Man would want; however as mentioned above the world is largely ignorant.

Archived