Scumbag British Gutter Press

Mekong

The issue with the gutter press is that they blow things up out of all proportion and hint at what might be when if truth be told there's probably no real evidence that the guy involved has got up to no good. Who really gives a toss about the private life of a football manager? You know it's not as if he's getting up to hot bum love or anything in the showers with the team after the match. I mean, that would be a newsworthy story worth reporting. If it is Man City wouldn't be surprised neither.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i never knew Stevie wasn't married.

but again an article which is used by the papers to put Thailand into a bad light.

a single man travelling to Thailand is always going to be viewed as suspicious because of media reports.

Thailand is thought of as being a hotbed of sexual depravity because of what the media portrays.

because of Gary Glitter Thailand will always be grouped into the places he lived.

leave the man alone for fucks sake...... :banghead:

he's single and adult and going for a holiday and meeting old friends and playing golf.

if he gets up to anything else it's no-one's business.

Stevie has always been a private person and despite another poster's views about 'celebrities' using the media when it suits them,Stevie has never done this.

If a newspaper prints lies it can be sued for ££££ as many celebs have done so in the past.

If Mr Steve Coppell has nothing to hid he has nothing to fear, he knows Patts reputation and as such surely understands the risks of coming here, if bad publicity would affect his job he should be careful.

All public figures (SC is one) court publicity and SC has used the press for his own benefit (re failure at MCFC)

If a newspaper prints lies it can be sued for ££££ as many celebs have done so in the past.

If Mr Steve Coppell has nothing to hid he has nothing to fear, he knows Patts reputation and as such surely understands the risks of coming here, if bad publicity would affect his job he should be careful.

All public figures (SC is one) court publicity and SC has used the press for his own benefit (re failure at MCFC)

Thats different. Football managing by nature is a public game. Its a way that gives the fans a chance to hear things from their manager...

But this is his private time and private life...all this stuff about asking questions about what he is doing in Pattaya has absolutely nothing to do with his job as a football manager...

I understand waht your saying in relation to the syphophantic pop stars and celebs who use the press for their own means...

But football managers dont manage a football team for name and fame. They do it because they are qualified in some way to do it...I really believe SC is a very humble sort of person and he doesnt go after media attention other than to do with football means. He also does charity work for kids here in Thailand, but he doesnt go to the press looking for benediction for this. His private life is his private life...there should be some code of conduct that can distinguish between what is using the media for "work" and what is private life that has nothing to do with "work"

Does shagging Thai girls effect his ability to manage? If he does even do this here, I dont think there is any correlation between having sex and managing ability...I m no statitician or sociologist but I believe the two are independent of each other...at the end of the day, sex is one of the most natural humans acts there is...its the media and societies suppressed views on sex which mean people can moralise about the rights and wrongs of having sex...with strangers.

Private and public life always clash and to say its his private life just does not wash with the newspapers or the british public.

He is a public figure due to his job (ok maybe not as public as an MP or others paid from the public purse)but neverless a public figure.

It goes with the job unfortunately and Reading would be pissed off if he was shown to be behaving in a manner they found to be damaging to the public image of thE club and its employees.

Remember Tommy Doc he got fired for shagging the physio wife.

I find it appalling that in the UK we can destroy a person by press speculation, but it happens.

It's bollocks. There is NO public interest. Public figures have no obligations in their private lives. And, if a scummy newspaper, serving its scummy readers, decides to snoop on the private life of such a figure, that still doesn't make it 'public interest'. It means they're snooping.

I remember seeing an interview with Paul McCartney circa 1967 when he admitted use of drugs. He was asked by the interviewer: "Don't you think it's irresponsible admitting that you use drugs? You have so many young fans [and all that]" He said "No, what I do in my own life is my business. It's YOU that's being irresponsible broadcasting it. You don't have to do that. I'll agree to keep quiet about it if you will."

He was right. :thumbup:

Despite him being a ManU man (although he's from Liverpool), I've always quite liked Stevie Coppell and he's gone right up in my estimation here. (Along with Charlie Sheen and Hugh Grant when they had their 'problems' :) )

I hope he tells the fuckers where to go.

i don't know what was said in the article but did it say he was fucking BG's and were photos attached?.

even if he is thought of as in the 'public eye' he is still an adult on holiday.

i bet there are many other mere mortals who have done worse whilst on holiday.

i bet there would be a bit of the old 'nudge,nudge-wink,wink'looks from Reading people if it was proved he had had the bad taste to talk to a BG........

i bet if his photo was shown to the average person in the street many would have no clue who he was and didn't really give a flying fuck.

this sort of reporting is always 'big news' if it involves sports people and MP's.

look at the scandals of Shepperd and Hall at Newcastle and Edwards at Man Utd,didn't do their bank accounts any bad business.

Bryan Robson was big news when he was caught doing naughty things with another Woman but he is still in demand as a football manager and pundit.

personally i don't give a fuck what people in the public eye do in private as long as it is nothing to do with kiddies.

is the fact that a single man goes to SE Asia on holiday such big news?.

people like Blair and Bush are worse in my eyes for all their lying and suchlike which affects millions of people.

There was no article as far as I know Coppell got wind that Drummond was sniffing around looking for dirt and Coppell then shot through.

So Coppell realises that any bad publicity real or imagined would seriously fuck him up.

Whether we think its a public interest or not Coppell knew it was and no doubt will steer clear of Patts for a while.

I remember seeing an interview with Paul McCartney circa 1967 when he admitted use of drugs. He was asked by the interviewer: "Don't you think it's irresponsible admitting that you use drugs? You have so many young fans [and all that]" He said "No, what I do in my own life is my business. It's YOU that's being irresponsible broadcasting it. You don't have to do that. I'll agree to keep quiet about it if you will."

He was right. :thumbup:

Then I suppose every celeb snorting coke etc could argue the same thing.

Archived