What is usually the best time price wise to fly to Thailand?

whcouncill

How about what is a bad time....

middle of summer,

chinese New Year

Thai New Year,

Next year anytime around the Chinese olympics,

Problem is not if Thailand is popular , since most of the flights are not direct,

A flight from LAX to Thailand that stops in Tokyo may have 10% of those passengers continuing to Bangkok. But if there is something happening in Japan or any other connecting flight area , that fills up the seats.

I bet next summer it will be hard to get chwap seats to Asia....

OC

paid $450 once on Northwest LAX-BKK-LAX

Best time, probably In the next few months, to save a few dollars. Both airfare, and hotel.

http://www.thaifly.com/

Airfare will be higher, after Oct 1, if history holds true, 20 to 25%. Atlanta to BKK, now at $815.+ Tax and fees, expect closer to a grand ++.

High Season, for hotels is about Nov 1 thru March 31 for many. (some vary the high season, usually a 15 to 20% premium).

whcouncill, it will be a lot cheaper to buy a ticket all the way thru instead of buying 2 tickets.

I live in the Southeast US. I have bought separate tickets to LAX and then LAX to BKK. It was CHEAPER than one ticket on UAL or NW flights. For the same price on NW, I can buy a ticket to LAX and fly EVA Deluxe class LAX-BKK. :up:

For some odd reason, travel to Asia in the summer months is usually more costly than after Labor Day. I think it has to do with students returning to Asia during the summer and flights are full.

Due to fuel prices, tickets are getting more expensive but the slower season say fall is your best best for getting a lower priced ticket. I usually try to fly during the months where the weather in Bangkok is the nicest....between Nov and January.

I live in the Southeast US. I have bought separate tickets to LAX and then LAX to BKK. It was CHEAPER than one ticket on UAL or NW flights. For the same price on NW, I can buy a ticket to LAX and fly EVA Deluxe class LAX-BKK.

That surprises me. I'm not doubting you, but typically the international airline's add-on fare between the domestic origin and international gateway is cheaper than the same domestic fare - in fact the international carrier normally absorbs a portion of what they are eventually billed by the domestic airline.

If you can find a round-trip economy transcon domestic fare for around $300, then I would say you're definitely saving money.

Normally, I would think that you'd buy EVA's cheapest qualifying economy through fare and then pay the upgrade to Evergreen Duluxe for the transpac portion.

Well, it is just ANOTHER quirk of airline fare pricing. :grin: From my home airport, UAL is rarely competitive (only during fare sales) with fares several hundred $$$ higher than the alternatives. NW is now offering fewer fare sales to Asia AND has upped overall fares since putting the A332 on the NRT-BKK run.

But flights to LAX are not much more expensive than flights to NYC. The cheaper flights to Asia more than makes up the difference. I don't mind flying EVA rather than UAL or NWA. :bangit:

Best times to find good fare sales to BKK from the USA is March-May and Sept-Nov.

Archived