TG Awards changes

Bkkbound04

I've just read the email from Thai saying they are increasing the mileage for claiming awards, London - BKK up from 63000 to 90000 for a return econ ticket, they claim this is because "Mileage requirements will increase on some routes to reflect the enhanced comfort and service provided by new and upgraded aircraft"

I have'nt seen any of thesenew and upgraded aircraft flying out of London!

It also talks about one way awards but gives no detail.

Thai Airways

JP

Same to/from Sydney.

Up to 50,000 miles now I think it is... for cattle class!

As Thaksin said: "TG Sucks!"

About the most sensible thing he ever said!

Singapore and Emirates win hands-down for me... even if it means a short stop-over.

Yep, Melb / Bkk (cattle class)return up from 45000 to 55000 and one way 38500...what a joke...

(The one way details were on the same email)

What's worse is that Thai only give 1 mile for 2 Amex points as well....

They've lost me totally!!!!

You can book prior to 1 October 2007 and still get at "Current" points rate. FF bookings are good for 1 year....so guess it's time to use up all remaining points and tell Thai to..."Pumpkin" off.

I think TG was very late of doing this, the bigger airlines did this already some months ago as the members of their frequent flyer programs have accumulated to many miles.

BTW, that email hasn't reached me yet so maybe no changes for the scandinavian market?

nothings changed here from perth

still 45k economy & 75k business class

wish they would change AMEX conversion

currently 2 amex = 1 royal orchid

Also getting tired of the old planes TG use to fly to Bangkok. Malaysian & singapore Airlines are IMO far superior to fly with.

TG Business class is like Singapore economy class IMO.

take care

.....TG Business class is like Singapore economy class IMO.

I always fly TG bizz class from Dubai to LOS and having flown BA and Emirates bizz class recently it is not a patch on them, but it is relatively cheap and still much more comfortable than Thai economy or infact any economy class. I also flew TG bizz class from London to LOS last year and that was the full monty with their latest fitout in one of their newest planes. cha (54).gif

Archived