3 arrested for planning to blow up JFK airport

Bangkoktraveler

I have corresponded with Fidel, I don't find him anti American at all. But we as Americans do have to be honest here, we are not doing a very good job of policing ourselves and controlling our government. Too many of us bury our heads in the sand all too often. Hence, it could be said, we are part of the problem...and thus, need an occassional reminder from time to time.

I wouldn't say anybody is perfect. But there is quite a difference between an occasional reminder and constant prodding.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bunch of nut jobs who could never pull the attack off.

Has anyone noticed this trick of the media (and our friend Fidel in this case) to portray (as this group soon will be) as a bunch of dumb losers any terrorist group that is caught BEFORE it commits its outrage?

Had Mohammed Atta and friends been foiled we'd have been treated to the same deeply honest and sophisticated analysis. Ditto the 7/7 London bombers etc. etc.

So what's that all about, I wonder? I'll tell you if I may what I think it's all about:

Dishonest, deranged, transparently phony propaganda against the West. Against ourselves.

I don't think it matters if one is Left or Right. The war against Islam (and NOT "terrorism" pace

President Bush) is a fight between modernity and medievalism.

Fidel, although you (like many of us bigmouths) promote yourself as a seriously major dude (and I've been pleasantly surprised to find you thinking outside the PC schoolmarm box on occasion) please consider - if only for a moment - that your shit may stink.

Just wait until 2008, election year in the USA.

The Republicans will be stopping such attacks every 30 seconds!

The Democrats will be telling everyone how they can fix the entire world in one week...if they get elected.

Try to find a "how" in all the political horse hockey...how in the heck are things going to get fixed???

Recently, O'bama is touting his "medical care for all"...reading thru the speech...he plans to reduce yearly payments by $2500...OK, for people that pay a minimum of $12000 USD a year, not much of a change...for us that have no insurance, the $2500 savings a year mean squat...another politician with no plan, only talk-talk BS.

BTW, gents, what "fear" are we talking about here? What "hyped-up" population? The average Western moron is far more concerned about what's on TV tonight than about any threats from the Jihad.

And these multiple "Alerts" where nothing seems to happen only serve to send the sheep further to sleep.

I don't know why I bother...

O.k. but at least he is talking about it...the "other side" continually dismisses it...a solution starts with a discussion. Hey, where are those gas prices in your avatar?

The gas prices were in Michigan, at one time.

Now the prices have come down but maybe the same as in the Bay Area?

Interesting and perhaps not insignificant aspect of this is that the person who was going to be the suicide bomber in this case was an FBI informant who did this to get a lighter sentence from his second drug conviction. I understand that he approached thm, offering his services.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070603/ap_on_re_us/terrorism_plot;_ylt=AqvjVHfPaFt_1AYv_WY3_lys0NUE

NEW YORK - A convicted drug dealer who agreed to pose as a wannabe terrorist among a shadowy group now accused of plotting to blow up John F. Kennedy International Airport secretly fed information to federal investigators in exchange for a lighter sentence.

His surveillance trips to the airport with the suspects, travels abroad to meet with supporters and assurances he wanted to die as a martyr in an attack on an underground jet fuel pipeline gave counterterrorism agents insight and evidence that experts say was otherwise unattainable

...... etc

I think the Bay area may have broken $4, but not sure...average is $350 or so...for regular...no real reason for it, just greed...

Real estate prices and government beaurocracy have a considerable impact on prices of everything here in California, especially in the Bay Area. Are the oil companies any greedier here than in Omaha or Des Moines?

Archived