This guy is fluent in Thai...and can speak 23 languages. Lives in Thailand.

junglesoup

Have you guys heard of this guy Stuart Jay Raj. I found a vdo of him on joh Jai the Thai Tv talk show.

He can speak,read, write,listen and is proficient, grade5 in 15 languages.However he can speak 23 languages. He speaks Thai like a Thai person.

If this guy can learn 23 languages, then surely I can manage one. This is abit inspirational.

Here is his blog, and his full Thai Tv interview with English subtitles. I think it streams from youtube, so sorry to you guys in Thailand who cant see it. Maybe you can google his name and find the show somewhere else.

This makes me really want to put in some more effort to learn Thai.

Shit! sorry about that, Khao Thawt cup

amazing

That was interesting, thanks.

I was surprised when the co-host asked him if dialect Karen was something the hill tribes might speak in Thailand.

But my favorite part was when he asked the guy if he was an English language teacher by profession! :rotfl:

(no offense to English teachers but, with those type of skills, it should be obvious this guy could do just about anything he wants for a living)

Lesson Number One:

Khaw thawt khrup!

Sorry JS... ya know I love ya... just couldn't help but take the piss! :neener: :thumbup: :beer:

20 years ago I read about a CIA (?) employee who could speak around 50 languages, learned a new language on each vacation, not a field agent btw.

German and roman language families are rather like eachother, so I speak, understand or just read all except portugese - the 2 languages I just can read are spanish and dutch. :D

Lesson Number One:

Khaw thawt khrup!

Sorry JS... ya know I love ya... just couldn't help but take the piss! :neener: :thumbup: :beer:

my bpen rai Moo Noi :D or is it mai pen rai :)

Archived