'Liverpool fans are the worst in Europe'

limbo

The surprising fact is that those liverpool hooligans can be found on WS in Pattaya too. :thumbdown:

Before they stayed 6 - 9 months every year - until the money was out but now thanks heaven they can't stay more than 3 months! :evil:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't do my tirades to order! :D

Gaillard is a bit anti-English (he's French, isn't he? :) ) but even he said that it was just the number of incidents that involved Liverpool fans that was the most. Not surprising when you consider that we've got to 2 Champions League finals in 3 seasons. (By contrast, Man U fans have hardly had the chance to travel. :grinyes: )

He followed that by saying that most of these offences were pretty minor - e.g. trying to get into grounds without tickets - and to compare them with much worse trouble that had happened in Italy, France, Holland, etc, would be like comparing apples to oranges.

Milan fans may have been well behaved but I recall that 10 Man U fans got stabbed when visiting Rome recently, 4 Middlesbrough fans were stabbed when they visited Italy and 14 Liverpool fans too. I don't recall any British fans stabbing people with that frequency!

Turkish fans seem to be fond of knives too - Leeds fans (old ones) were stabbed and killed there, weren't they? And they weren't the only ones.

There have been baseball bat fights in Holland, Feyenoord chucked out of the UEFA Cup, a policeman killed by fans in Italy, racist chanting in Spain. Compared to that, could you really say that Liverpool fans are the worst behaved in Europe?

I second what Bibblies says. Saw the article and it was clarified by the fact that the report allegedly was based on the frequency of incidents which included such minor infractions as trying to enter the ground without tickets, pissing down a rolled up newspaper and throwing stale meat pies at coppers. (alright I made the last two up)

I wonder if they've included in those 25 'minor' infringements the 39 Italians that Liverpool fans killed at Heysel?

Or the hundreds of their own suporters that they killed at Hillsborough?

Or perhaps they were too 'minor'???

Archived