'Liverpool fans are the worst in Europe'

limbo

I second what Sukhumvit recommended that this thread be locked. There is obviously no point whatsoever in attempting to have a meaningful discussion with a prick such as this one. He is either completely stupid or pretending to be completely stupid to get a reaction. Either way, he's starting to get annoying.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The facts show that in all these cases the ROOT CAUSE of the problem was the behaviour of Liverpool fans and instead of condemning them for their actions in Athens which could have lead to a Hillsborough incident had it not been for the police dispersing the crowd the club and it's supporters try to use UEFA, the stadium, and the police as scapegoats.

Incredible!!

Will it really take the deaths of more innocent people before they realise they are just encouraging this behaviour?

when MU played in Roma last Season there was a crush in one section.

fans tried to escape the situation and were attacked by the police.

women and OAP's were batoned and tear gassed by the police.

the MU goalie was affected by the tear gas as well.

MU were fined by UEFA because of their fans behaviour.

but it is human nature to try and escape a life threatening situation.

so in your eyes it was ok for the police to beat fans who were trying to stay alive?.

since Hillsbrough English grounds are much safer.

but in Europe you still have fences which can cause a death trap and European Teams still have little idea how to organise fans in a responsible way.

look at the reaction in Italy after the cop was killed and all those grounds said to be sub-standard.

but nothing much has been said about it since,UEFA seem to have swept it all under the carpet.

and of course we must forget that that the Italian police and ultras are some of the most vicious barstards in Europe.

when was the last time we had a violent death in an English ground or major crowd violence (wether inside/outside the ground) in recent Years?.

the British have learned from things while others have fallen light Years behind.

Sayjann, this man isn't to be reasoned with and you may even be losing a few respect points even being civil to the thing.

See that long list of stadium disasters and crushes I linked to for him? I suppose a consistent idiot must also call Rangers supporters murderers for 1971 and other fans for their own crushes...

What's next? Is he going to blame the Busby Babes for getting on the plane when there were icy conditions? :dunno:

[quote name=Sukhumvit

As for Athens' date=' so do you really think that the ticket allocation was sufficient given the importance of the game to the supporters? Do you think that 20 odd thousand supporters turned up without tickets thinking that they could rush the gates or that they would be able to buy tickets from touts outside the ground? I, and probably a lot others here, have been offered tickets by touts outside all sorts of public entertainment venues including to see England play rugby at Twickenham (hardly a hotbed of hooliganism) and no doubt those that attended Athens believed that they would be offered tickets.

[/quote]

And I remember the Liverpool fans criticising the club for their distribution of the tickets, they gave one third of their ticket allocation to â??sponsors and former playersâ??, it shows what concern the club has for itâ??s fans that doesnâ??t it? Donâ??t you think that UEFA also has obligations to sponsors and other teams? And being a much bigger organisation than Liverpool F.C. require a lot more tickets.

Beside Twickenham you could also cite places like Lords and the Superbowl where ticket touts operate but thereâ??s no problems with hooliganism. And what do they have in common?

Liverpool F.C. donâ??t play there.

At Athens 40,000 â??fansâ?? turn up for an event thatâ??s has a 63,000 seat capacity on it.

What makes Liverpool fans think they have a god given right to attend football matches?

I didnâ??t read any reports about problems caused by A.C. Milan fans, or maybe they didnâ??t come in their thousands without tickets?

I second what Sukhumvit recommended that this thread be locked. There is obviously no point whatsoever in attempting to have a meaningful discussion with a prick such as this one. He is either completely stupid or pretending to be completely stupid to get a reaction. Either way, he's starting to get annoying.

I see we have some people on this Forum that don't beleive in freedom of speech unless you are agreeing with them only.

Iâ??ll let Phil Hammond have the last say for me on what happened in Athens.

â??My heart sank as I stood and watched what was happening. After what happened in Sheffield in 1989 I couldnâ??t believe Liverpool fans, of all people, could do such dangerous things. I honestly feared people were going to get crushed and we were going to have another Hillsborough. It was disgusting. The people who stormed into the stadium are the scum of the earth. They put at risk hundreds of lives and should be ashamed of themselvesâ?Â

Of course you all know who Phil Hammond is? His son Philip died at Hillsborough and heâ??s chairman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group and has vowed not to follow Liverpool on their travels in future.

At least thereâ??s someone that agrees with me that Liverpool fans have not learnt the lessons from their past shame and are worried that history will repeat itself and was only just averted in Athens.

You can contact him at hfsg@liverpoolfc.tv to tell him what an odious turd, prick, cock, wanker, etc. he is, or ask him if heâ??s the real Thai3?

you haven't answered the question.....

'so in your eyes it was ok for the police to beat fans who were trying to stay alive?.

'And I remember the Liverpool fans criticising the club for their distribution of the tickets, they gave one third of their ticket allocation to â??sponsors and former playersâ??, it shows what concern the club has for itâ??s fans that doesnâ??t it?'

unfair to blame Liverpool for that one.

every Team has obligations to distribute tickets to sponsers and the like.

yes Liverpool Fans are entitled to feel disgruntled about this matter but it's a fact of life.

sponsers are sought with a fervour and the money they input into any Team helps with the Day to Day running of the Club.

there was controversy at the FA Cup Semi's last Season over ticket allocation and prices.

for some reason Watford were given more tickets than MU despite the fact their average attendance was 50 thousand less than MU.

and many Chelsea/Blackburn Fans boycotted the Semi in Manchester because of the prices.

was this the fault of the Teams involved that their hardcore supporters could not get a ticket or the FA's who make up the rules?.

'I didnâ??t read any reports about problems caused by A.C. Milan fans, or maybe they didnâ??t come in their thousands without tickets?'

i think you have answered your own question.

British Fans will flock to away games while mainland European Teams do not travel that much.

many will travel for the atmosphere of the occasion.

as i said before i went to Barcalona for the Final without a ticket just for the piss-up but thankfully got a ticket.

'I see we have some people on this Forum that don't beleive in freedom of speech unless you are agreeing with them only'

i agree with your point in one way but you have bought nothing to this discussion but hatred towards Liverpool Fans and how they are to blame everything on thing.

as i said before we are a close-knit group of guys here who will disagree on every game.......but.

so far you have said nothing positive about the game of Football.

we don't know who you support or what you think of Football in general.

perhaps you might like to post something in other Football Threads and give us an opinion on other Footballing matters?.

perhaps tou are a 'Toffeman'??????????

BTW.

i don't agree with the Thread being closed,but i cannot understand your vehement tirades against only Liverpool fans.

i can understand Liverpool fans getting pissed with you but there is an easy answer.

do the words 'ignore list' come to mind........?

and while i think of it.

the Greeks and UEFA were wrong in having no or very little areas with big screens.

this is normally a part and parcel thing in Finals.

a good alternative for ticketless Fans to see the game while travelling to Foreign lands.

a few beers while watching the game and soaking up the atmosphere for a couple of Days.

in 97 when i went to Germany the Germans were well organised and knew that the town would be overrun by Fans.

screens provided and no trouble ensued,apart from the normal drunk.

Archived